Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:21 AM

Re: Referendums

I've never felt I had to apologise to another person for whatever government we have elected, yesterday an American lady actually apologised for her head of state and I think that was so sad. So I may moan about them but that's I think fairly normal, I don't apologise that is tragically sad.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The British and the British alone.

Nobody Else.

Not one other peoples on the planet whinges about the Govt of the day.

All Americans love Trump!

All French people love Macron!

All over the globe there is love peace and harmony.

Only in Britain is there discord

You may well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Thanks for enlightening us Bruce.

Your comments are always so fair and unbiased and never prejudiced in any way.

Your a Top Bloke, Bruce, Top Bloke!
You're welcome.

Just to help you further, note that "your" is not a contraction of "You are" but a possessive pronoun. You're welcome again
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What are you talking about? The British are always whinging about their elected government no matter what the margin.
That's because they'e all as bad as each other.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've never felt I had to apologise to another person for whatever government we have elected, yesterday an American lady actually apologised for her head of state and I think that was so sad. So I may moan about them but that's I think fairly normal, I don't apologise that is tragically sad.
I am not sure about that, I think the government should make a public apology about Sir Alec Douglas Hume and Edward Heath; no nation should have had to endure them as leaders it was inhumane.

Something like this will do:

Just change a few of the words as appropriate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am not sure about that, I think the government should make a public apology about Sir Alec Douglas Hume and Edward Heath; no nation should have had to endure them as leaders it was inhumane.

Something like this will do:

Just change a few of the words as appropriate.
Bit prior to my being really politically involved Bruce, my political awakening came with Margaret Thatcher, and much as I disliked the woman I don't feel a need to apologise to others for her, I actually think she was fairly well received around the world.
Possibly only one I do feel a bit guilty about is Blair, I can't believe I was so taken in by him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Bit prior to my being really politically involved Bruce, my political awakening came with Margaret Thatcher, and much as I disliked the woman I don't feel a need to apologise to others for her, I actually think she was fairly well received around the world.
Possibly only one I do feel a bit guilty about is Blair, I can't believe I was so taken in by him.
A slight difference of opinion, I'm afraid Julia, but I had a lot of respect for Maggie.

Yes, she had her faults but she, above anyone else, would have been a great advantage in the Brexit procedure.

The EU dictators are throwing every demand they can think of at Treason May and she, like the treacherous wimp that she is, is bending over backwards. Maggie would be doing the exact opposite, and I see no-one in government - absolutely no-one - who could compare with her abilities.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A slight difference of opinion, I'm afraid Julia, but I had a lot of respect for Maggie.

Yes, she had her faults but she, above anyone else, would have been a great advantage in the Brexit procedure.

The EU dictators are throwing every demand they can think of at Treason May and she, like the treacherous wimp that she is, is bending over backwards. Maggie would be doing the exact opposite, and I see no-one in government - absolutely no-one - who could compare with her abilities.
Thank God for that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I do agree mostly what I didn't agree with and I can't forgive her for was changing our society so much with housing ideas. If she had just left councils alone to provide council houses I think we would have been so much better now. Poll tax finished her off for many but housing was the worst IMO

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top