Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Christmas is just around the corner

We soon have to start celebrating here on OFF.....
Add your preparations and celebrations on here if you would like to........I am sure many of us have starting doing things in prepartions for the wonderful Holidays coming up.......

Andre Rieu in London, England......

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Have you put up a tree and decorations? Or is it too early...

Do you start baking and freezing it?

Who do you celebrate with?

What do you do for New Years Eve, or is that a thing of the past now?

Do you know any old songs from the past, like White Christmas with Bing Crosby?

Does it usually snow at Christmas in the UK? Do you like it? I love it........
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Re: Christmas is just around the corner

Sometimes it snows. I don't really do Christmas personally.

I usually only send half a dozen or so Christmas cards and have Christmas cake for visitors, but I don't even put a tree up.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Sometimes it snows. I don't really do Christmas personally.

I usually only send half a dozen or so Christmas cards and have Christmas cake for visitors, but I don't even put a tree up.
Hi Richard......

Do you have dinner with relatives or friends?
Christmas cards are nearly a thing of the past, people do it on the net now. I do send a half dozen like you do......

I think having Christmas cake around Christmas time, is really nice, and I am going to do that this year. I wonder if it is too late to bake it myself. I gues it is not too late....good idea.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:58 PM

For me and even more so as I lost my long term partner in August, will treat Christmas as just another day.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
For me and even more so as I lost my long term partner in August, will treat Christmas as just another day.
I am sorry to hear this MrFraggle. I hope you find somethng to enjoy during the holidays.

I have spent many Christmas days alone, I find it very peaceful and comforting. I am not always looking forward to it, but I seem to be this year for some reason.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:49 PM

We start christmas making in January. in the sales we can often get craft items cheaply. So we buy all year round making things as we go. I've just got a couple of things to knit and a skirt to make and I'm finished. Grace has some candles to make and I think she said she is decorating a box for Nathan which she's doing when he's not in so it's getting done bit at a time. Steven is finishing some decoupage on a chest of drawers for Grace and that's harder to hide !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:16 PM

We don't do Christmas any more, I will buy a Turkey and all the trimmings, xmas crackers and a bottle of Malt Whisky and Indian Savouries and we will go out on Xmas Eve to the Indian Restaurant and that's it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 06:00 PM

I don't really do Christmas.
I have got a few presents for family & friends.
I don't bake, so anything I need is shop bought.
Daughter's OH cooks the Christmas meal at their place & Son & I go.
I usually pay for the meat, we have beef, none of us like turkey.
I might put a few decorations in the front porch, but don't decorate the house.
I still send a few Christmas cards, but no where near as many as I used to.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We start christmas making in January. in the sales we can often get craft items cheaply. So we buy all year round making things as we go. I've just got a couple of things to knit and a skirt to make and I'm finished. Grace has some candles to make and I think she said she is decorating a box for Nathan which she's doing when he's not in so it's getting done bit at a time. Steven is finishing some decoupage on a chest of drawers for Grace and that's harder to hide !
Very interesting Julie,thanks for sharing that....do you sew also?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We don't do Christmas any more, I will buy a Turkey and all the trimmings, xmas crackers and a bottle of Malt Whisky and Indian Savouries and we will go out on Xmas Eve to the Indian Restaurant and that's it.
That sounds good to me Susie, I am not even going to be able to do that much, but I doubt I will be seeing anyone at Christmas this year, so I may just pick up a cooked turkey breast and some trimmings for myself (unless I can talk Pug into jumping on that plane and have dinner with me)......he's a good friend, I think he should, don't you?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top