Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: Christmas is just around the corner

Wild blueberry, you must be an Andre Rieu fan. So am I and would love to have attended one of his concerts. That was a good show you posted but that tour had a sad ending. You remember the guy that used to balance a trombone on his chin? He died shortly after this film was made and the rest of the tour was cancelled. They did come back and honour the shows that had to be cancelled. Such wonderful shows.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
Wild blueberry, you must be an Andre Rieu fan. So am I and would love to have attended one of his concerts. That was a good show you posted but that tour had a sad ending. You remember the guy that used to balance a trombone on his chin? He died shortly after this film was made and the rest of the tour was cancelled. They did come back and honour the shows that had to be cancelled. Such wonderful shows.
Hi Peripheral,

Yes, I am an Andre Rieu fan, BIG TIME. I wish I could go to a concert of his. I would be willing to pay a lot to go......
Maybe we will get there some day Peripheral...

I didn't know about that unhappy ending. How sad !
Oh, if we only knew how close death is for some people, young and old, it can be just hours away.......

Play some Andre Reiu Youtube videos on here if you want Peripheral. I will enjoy listening to them. He is my all time favourite artist in the whole world.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:22 PM

I don't do Christmas. I don't like it, have never enjoyed it or all the rubbish that goes with it.

Christmas day will be just like any other day except I'll make a special effort to cook a toad in the hole for dinner (in honour of loved ones no longer here).

My family are miles away (thank goodness) and the mother in law will be with her eldest daughter in Norfolk as usual (again, miles away). Her other daughter, who lives locally, will be travelling up to Sunderland I hope so at least I won't have to make the usual excuses for refusing their invitations.

Bah Humbug
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I don't do Christmas. I don't like it, have never enjoyed it or all the rubbish that goes with it.

Christmas day will be just like any other day except I'll make a special effort to cook a toad in the hole for dinner (in honour of loved ones no longer here).

My family are miles away (thank goodness) and the mother in law will be with her eldest daughter in Norfolk as usual (again, miles away). Her other daughter, who lives locally, will be travelling up to Sunderland I hope so at least I won't have to make the usual excuses for refusing their invitations.

Bah Humbug
Is it like this every year for you Nicol? It is with me usually, but I do a little bit by myself, I don't need anybody any more, I can make my own fun....
I don't know what a toad in the hole is. I will have to google that one Nicol....thanks

I googled it. It is an egg in the middle of a piece of crusty bread and fried. I think we called it something else when I used to make those. I like it.......
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=wild blueberry;1563071]I am sorry to hear this MrFraggle. I hope you find somethng to enjoy during the holidays.[d/QUOTE]

I going to sign up for the free month on Netflix, does that count?
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Is it like this every year for you Nicol? It is with me usually, but I do a little bit by myself, I don't need anybody any more, I can make my own fun....
I don't know what a toad in the hole is. I will have to google that one Nicol....thanks

I googled it. It is an egg in the middle of a piece of crusty bread and fried. I think we called it something else when I used to make those. I like it.......
Toad in the Hole is sausage in a Yorkshire pudding batter, haven't had it for years.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Do I do Christmas?.... is the pope catholic?

Christmas Eve.... a safari supper with pals starter at one pals moving onto main course at another then to me for dessert.... looking forward to that!

Christmas Day... Breakfast at my sons kids have organised a panto

Christmas Day late Lunch at my daughters son in law is cooking... then charades... has to be

Boxing Day not sorted yet but out with pals "somewhere"

I will do a family tea in Christmas week

New Years Eve … away with pals for a two day spa break and dinner dance

Its all over so quickly...…3rd January take down decorations and hope to see next Christmas as healthy as this one
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Toad in the Hole is sausage in a Yorkshire pudding batter, haven't had it for years.
As Mr Fraggle says, toad in the hole is sausage in Yorkshire pudding.

And yes, Christmas is like that every year. It's not a good time for me memories wise so being on my own is really best for all concerned.

Even when my husband was still alive we didn't bother much. The happiest Christmas memories I have is from when we were decorating!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Do I do Christmas?.... is the pope catholic?

Christmas Eve.... a safari supper with pals starter at one pals moving onto main course at another then to me for dessert.... looking forward to that!

Christmas Day... Breakfast at my sons kids have organised a panto

Christmas Day late Lunch at my daughters son in law is cooking... then charades... has to be

Boxing Day not sorted yet but out with pals "somewhere"

I will do a family tea in Christmas week

New Years Eve … away with pals for a two day spa break and dinner dance

Its all over so quickly...…3rd January take down decorations and hope to see next Christmas as healthy as this one
Summer, now there is Christmas I would love to experience. I have never celebrated it to that extend, but I would LOVE TO.

I don't know what a Safari supper is. I don't know what a panto is...
I love Charades and am into it every chance I have ever had.......lots of fun.

Ohhhhhhhhh, look at your New Years Eve. Hope you take Pictures and show us. What fun!!!

Thanks for sharing Summer. This is super-christmas.....

I wish you a Merry Christmas, and many many many more to come Summer

Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:37 PM

ile cook all the meats night before 'just us two ' kids may come over boxing day 'weather permitting' but I have had great xmas's with my family 'but wrapping all those bliming prezzies does my head in 'i have a tree in' lights all round the home - may go out for a drink at local ' but not having to wait on people is bliss - on sofa sweets treats drink and movies ….zzzz

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top