Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: Christmas is just around the corner

[QUOTE=MrFraggle;1563306]
Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am sorry to hear this MrFraggle. I hope you find somethng to enjoy during the holidays.[d/QUOTE]

I going to sign up for the free month on Netflix, does that count?
Sure it does, I have Netflix and I love it, could watch movies all night, it is fun......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Toad in the Hole is sausage in a Yorkshire pudding batter, haven't had it for years.
Oh, I guess I googled it wrong. Sounds delicious.....thanks MrFraggle
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
As Mr Fraggle says, toad in the hole is sausage in Yorkshire pudding.

And yes, Christmas is like that every year. It's not a good time for me memories wise so being on my own is really best for all concerned.

Even when my husband was still alive we didn't bother much. The happiest Christmas memories I have is from when we were decorating!
I hear you hon, I have also had some very sad Christmas Holidays and was best for me to be alone that to pass my mood on to someone else.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
ile cook all the meats night before 'just us two ' kids may come over boxing day 'weather permitting' but I have had great xmas's with my family 'but wrapping all those bliming prezzies does my head in 'i have a tree in' lights all round the home - may go out for a drink at local ' but not having to wait on people is bliss - on sofa sweets treats drink and movies ….zzzz
Nice post Maddy.......
I gave up wrapping all those gifts, now I put them in bags with some tissue paper sticking out........
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:56 PM

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Yes, I've bought my nieces present and my nephews girlfriends present

Have you put up a tree and decorations? Or is it too early...

Too early

Do you start baking and freezing it?

I don't have time to bake

Who do you celebrate with?

Christmas day is just me, my husband and my son. I try to get Dad here but he prefers for me to cook for him and bring the food up to him

What do you do for New Years Eve, or is that a thing of the past now?

The hubby and I just have some drinks and food, we don't go out, he's working New Years Day!

Do you know any old songs from the past, like White Christmas with Bing Crosby?

Love White Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock is a happy jolly song I like to sing
Winter Wonderland
Maria Careys All I Want For Christmas
Oh, I love them all

Does it usually snow at Christmas in the UK?

Can't remember when it last snowed on Christmas Day but it is the only day I like snow, because I don't have to go out! Other than that I hate the damn stuff.
.[/QUOTE]
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Yes, I've bought my nieces present and my nephews girlfriends present

Have you put up a tree and decorations? Or is it too early...

Too early

Do you start baking and freezing it?

I don't have time to bake

Who do you celebrate with?

Christmas day is just me, my husband and my son. I try to get Dad here but he prefers for me to cook for him and bring the food up to him

What do you do for New Years Eve, or is that a thing of the past now?

The hubby and I just have some drinks and food, we don't go out, he's working New Years Day!

Do you know any old songs from the past, like White Christmas with Bing Crosby?

Love White Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock is a happy jolly song I like to sing
Winter Wonderland
Maria Careys All I Want For Christmas
Oh, I love them all

Does it usually snow at Christmas in the UK?

Can't remember when it last snowed on Christmas Day but it is the only day I like snow, because I don't have to go out! Other than that I hate the damn stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Lion, thanks for this nice post.......
A video just for YOU Lion.... ..

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That sounds good to me Susie, I am not even going to be able to do that much, but I doubt I will be seeing anyone at Christmas this year, so I may just pick up a cooked turkey breast and some trimmings for myself (unless I can talk Pug into jumping on that plane and have dinner with me)......he's a good friend, I think he should, don't you?
Hi Blue, well seeing that we don't talk to my Sister and her Family any more, we won't be going there for Christmas and now both Parents have passed away, so it will just be Me, OH and Coco for Christmas.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:51 AM

I'm having the easiest Christmas ever. All my family 16 of us including grandchildren will be going out for a meal on Christmas Eve to celebrate my birthday. It wasn't too long ago that I had them all at my house but it's just getting too much for me now - much nicer to go out..

Tony & I will be going out for Christmas lunch with my son & his family. They invited us so we accepted. It's their Christmas present to us.

Boxing day we like to go a traditional walk and then spend the rest of the day scoffing chocolates in front of the telly..

Day after boxing day we might go to the sales.

I shall have some packing to think of doing too as in the new year we're off to Warner's holiday hotel for a lively 'Elvis' weekend.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Ill be up early to cook the turkey and ham, Mr missy will join me and do the veg and I get everything prepped ready for later. Then we will FaceTime the kids and grandkids

Then shower and glad rags and away to the pub for an hour where there will be Christmas carols sang by the local children all dressed up in their Christmas new clothes

Then back home where mum will have the table laid and the starter ready to go which we will eat whilst watching the Queen and whilst the roasties are cooking. Main course, then prezzie giving Only a small gift each. Then dishes and settle down for whatever is on the tv with coffee and dessert

Usually sleeping in front of the fire by 9pm

And another Christmas is survived
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Blue, well seeing that we don't talk to my Sister and her Family any more, we won't be going there for Christmas and now both Parents have passed away, so it will just be Me, OH and Coco for Christmas.
I know it is hard when we are on "non speaking" terms with family. I have that also with my sister, and I miss her but it is for the best. We did have some wonderful christmas' together when we were younger and not so hateful with each other..

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top