Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:14 PM

Re: Boscombe

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Super photo's Sweetie. I have never been to Boscombe.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Shall I do you some pics?
It is my next town. X
It's unrecognisable now - in the '60's our cabin cruiser was moored by Bridge Street (see att) but there were no houses and no car/boat park then.

Similarly, we used to moor up near a pub on the quay but that's been replaced by the yacht club, I think. Again, the area is covered with new properties .

Such is progress .....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge Street.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	7933  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:42 PM

Well done Sweetie, love the photos!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=Omah;1565676]Similarly, we used to moor up near a pub on the quay but that's been replaced by the yacht club, I think. Again, the area is covered with new properties .
/QUOTE]

A-ha ..... it wasn't Christchurch quay, it was Mudeford and it still looks the same:

In the late '60's, I spent some "hippie" time living on the beach at Hengistbury Head ......
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:30 PM

Very interesting pics Sweetie. Do you take lots of photos?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 05:06 PM

Some pics I took on Wednesday.
I seem to recall that Boscome got in the news a few years ago or was that Boscastle?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 05:56 PM

Stayed a few times in boscome when our son was little, haven’t been for years, although we visited Bournemouth a couple of years ago when we were staying at Lyme Regis, is the seagull pub stil at boscome?, had a few pints in there, after a day at the beach, nice pics btw, sweetie...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Super photo's Sweetie. I have never been to Boscombe.
Well come and visit Tiff. Although there are lovely beaches in Boscombe, the town is shrinking.

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It's unrecognisable now - in the '60's our cabin cruiser was moored by Bridge Street (see att) but there were no houses and no car/boat park then.

Similarly, we used to moor up near a pub on the quay but that's been replaced by the yacht club, I think. Again, the area is covered with new properties .

Such is progress .....
Yes the yacht club.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well done Sweetie, love the photos!
Am I improving Tess???

[QUOTE=Omah;1565707]
Originally Posted by Omah ->
/QUOTE]

A-ha ..... it wasn't Christchurch quay, it was Mudeford and it still looks the same:

In the late '60's, I spent some "hippie" time living on the beach at Hengistbury Head ......
Oh Mudeford never changes. Hengistbury head has changed. Hippie thing???? I thought that was the Isle of Wight, or I suppose you could have waved across the sea. x

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
Very interesting pics Sweetie. Do you take lots of photos?
No Peri, I am still learning. I will take more.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I seem to recall that Boscome got in the news a few years ago or was that Boscastle?
Yes, murders

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Stayed a few times in boscome when our son was little, haven’t been for years, although we visited Bournemouth a couple of years ago when we were staying at Lyme Regis, is the seagull pub stil at boscome?, had a few pints in there, after a day at the beach, nice pics btw, sweetie...
Yes the Seagull is still there, I will get you a photo soon. x
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:50 PM

I remember Boscombe from year ago. Great little Pier there as I remember.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
I remember Boscombe from year ago. Great little Pier there as I remember.
Yes, it looks closed at this time of year.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top