Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Things you were made or encouraged to do as a child, but have rebelled against later.

Were you made to eat or do things as a child, that have made you rebel against in adulthood.
I can remember going to my Grandmother's and made to eat bread with Marge on, it made me heave, but it was rude not to eat it. If I stayed at my Grandmother's house, she would toast the left over bread and with marge for breakfast. I had to eat that too.

Do you have any stories?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 07:48 PM

Re: Things you were made or encouraged to do as a child, but have rebelled against later.

Made to sit and eat runner beans. wouldn't eat them then, won't eat them now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Things you were made or encouraged to do as a child, but have rebelled against later.

when I was a kid my dad used to always cook sunday breakfast and he used to always crozzle my egg, I hated the white of my egg cooked too fast because it caused crozzle on it. We used to eat round the table as a family, I always sat in the place next to a window and when my dad wasn't looking I always threw my egg out of the window. It is only as an adult my sister told my mum and dad what I used to do and they never knew hahaha. I guess the dog used to eat my crozzled egg when out in the garden. These days I can only eat my eggs fried if I have cooked them myself or if they are perfectly white. The dog must have really looked forward to Sunday mornings haha
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 08:10 PM

Virtually forced to go to church.............also told I would never be able to get married - anywhere - if I didn't get confirmed!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Hi

Pickled beetroot in every salad, even the boiled eggs were purple.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Made to sit and eat runner beans. wouldn't eat them then, won't eat them now.
Oh yes me too Jazzi, my Dad used to grow them in our garden. They were always stringy - yuk!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
when I was a kid my dad used to always cook sunday breakfast and he used to always crozzle my egg, I hated the white of my egg cooked too fast because it caused crozzle on it. We used to eat round the table as a family, I always sat in the place next to a window and when my dad wasn't looking I always threw my egg out of the window. It is only as an adult my sister told my mum and dad what I used to do and they never knew hahaha. I guess the dog used to eat my crozzled egg when out in the garden. These days I can only eat my eggs fried if I have cooked them myself or if they are perfectly white. The dog must have really looked forward to Sunday mornings haha
Loved that Queeny. x

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Virtually forced to go to church.............also told I would never be able to get married - anywhere - if I didn't get confirmed!
Good, grief the things we were told as kids!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I hate beetroot!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-11-2018, 08:57 PM

I just remembered another thing, those big knickers that went up to my armpits!!!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Confused here, Lion Queen, the only 'crozzle' I know is word game. Hoe does that apply to fried eggs?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2018, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Confused here, Lion Queen, the only 'crozzle' I know is word game. Hoe does that apply to fried eggs?
you know when you fry eggs too fast, it burns and makes the white of the egg brown, we call it a crozzled egg lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top