Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Things you were made or encouraged to do as a child, but have rebelled against later.

Hate people. I won’t do it.
My parents were really judgmental
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Things you were made or encouraged to do as a child, but have rebelled against later.

Eat foods that K didn't like.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hate people. I won’t do it.
My parents were really judgmental
Good for you Bratti.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Eat foods that K didn't like.
K?????????
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
you know when you fry eggs too fast, it burns and makes the white of the egg brown, we call it a crozzled egg lol
Ah - when it goes all crispy and crinkled? Never knew it was called crozzled - you learn something every day in here!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ah - when it goes all crispy and crinkled? Never knew it was called crozzled - you learn something every day in here!
so next time you have a crispy and crinkled egg you'll think of me and call it a crozzled egg haha
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 11:33 PM

I go outside with wet hair and no vest! My Mother would have had a fit!

...and I sit on damp stone walls, not caught "the Pip" yet!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 11:40 PM

Lucky you, stone walls, to die for.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I go outside with wet hair and no vest! My Mother would have had a fit!

...and I sit on damp stone walls, not caught "the Pip" yet!
No vest good grief!
Big knickers?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 12:33 AM

when I was a kid my dad used to always cook sunday breakfast and he used to always crozzle my egg, I hated the white of my egg cooked too fast because it caused crozzle on it. We used to eat round the table as a family, I always sat in the place next to a window and when my dad wasn't looking I always threw my egg out of the window. It is only as an adult my sister told my mum and dad what I used to do and they never knew hahaha. I guess the dog used to eat my crozzled egg when out in the garden. These days I can only eat my eggs fried if I have cooked them myself or if they are perfectly white. The dog must have really looked forward to Sunday mornings haha
Confused here, Lion Queen, the only 'crozzle' I know is word game. Hoe does that apply to fried eggs?
you know when you fry eggs too fast, it burns and makes the white of the egg brown, we call it a crozzled egg lol
so next time you have a crispy and crinkled egg you'll think of me and call it a crozzled egg haha
I've never heard of "crozzle", either - apparently, it's Northern English:

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/crozzled

Since I've never heard it in Lancashire, I'll guess it comes from Yorkshire .....

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 02:38 AM

Being made to listen to Christian broadcasts on the radio in primary school aged about 10. And, no, I didn't go to a special school just a regular one.

That, plus the compulsory church attendance at Easter and Christmas. I was bored rigid, it said nothing to me about my life.

It wasn't my parents who were religious, just some of the school staff who liked to mingle a dose of Christianity when they weren't dandling the kids.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top