Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 06:52 AM

Precious furry friends.

Good Morning all. No wind, no rain and no sunshine yet. Hopefully, that is to come later on. 6:35 am here but that will be 5:35 am where you put back the clockerers are.
My favourite sections in this group are where the pictures of your pets are. You do have such gorgeous furry friends. I used to have cats but since we now have lots of birds in the back garden we are keeping doggies in place of moggies. The first two we had were brothers called Bobby & Monty. They are no longer with us but I would like to tell you about them. Watch out for a thread called Bobby & Monty. In the meantime, Have A Nice Day.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:39 AM

Re: Precious furry friends.

Hi Peripheral, I love Cats as well, as you probably have already seen my photos of Coco, if not, have a look on my Profile.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
Good Morning all. No wind, no rain and no sunshine yet. Hopefully, that is to come later on. 6:35 am here but that will be 5:35 am where you put back the clockerers are.
My favourite sections in this group are where the pictures of your pets are. You do have such gorgeous furry friends. I used to have cats but since we now have lots of birds in the back garden we are keeping doggies in place of moggies. The first two we had were brothers called Bobby & Monty. They are no longer with us but I would like to tell you about them. Watch out for a thread called Bobby & Monty. In the meantime, Have A Nice Day.
I have never regarded animals as friends. We have had loads of dogs and cats in the past as they have their uses. Animals should know their place, ours were never permitted in our living areas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Hi Peripheral can we draw your attention to this message by Admin...
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=4712

Edit: Please do not use the bold tag (or in fact any other formatting tag) for the entire (or majority) of your post either - as mentioned above, formatting options are there to be used sparingly, in special cases or when highlighting/emphasising specific points or words (or sentences - when there's more than a few). Thanks!
Thank you.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Peripheral can we draw your attention to this message by Admin...
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=4712

Thank you.
Thank goodness for that!!

I found Peripherals bold comic sans font very hard to read - especially as on some of posts there weren't any paragraphs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never regarded animals as friends. We have had loads of dogs and cats in the past as they have their uses. Animals should know their place, ours were never permitted in our living areas.
Ours aren't friends either they are family ! Life revolves around them, dogs first children second and the rest of us somewhere at the rear. Works for us.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours aren't friends either they are family ! Life revolves around them, dogs first children second and the rest of us somewhere at the rear. Works for us.
I think it is WRONG to put dogs before children. The social services should take them off you if that really is the case.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Yer Julie, about the same here. Maddie the cat can have the use of any chair or sofa that she likes and is always the first to be fed in the mornings....Those big staring eyes just turn me into a gibbering wreck.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think it is WRONG to put dogs before children. The social services should take them off you if that really is the case.
You keep wanting to take my children off me T just think about that for a moment we adopted, social services saw our home as a safe place for our child. Nothing you say will change that.

We get up in the morning dogs are fed first, child helps feed them she understands their needs can only be fulfilled by humans and it's important we do what we can to treat them kindly. She has her breakfast after them and I have mine while she is in the shower. Works for us, social services liked we were teaching her to not be selfish and to care for others, including animals.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2018, 12:19 PM

You keep wanting to take my children off me T just think about that for a moment we adopted, social services saw our home as a safe place for our child. Nothing you say will change that.

We get up in the morning dogs are fed first, child helps feed them she understands their needs can only be fulfilled by humans and it's important we do what we can to treat them kindly. She has her breakfast after them and I have mine while she is in the shower. Works for us, social services liked we were teaching her to not be selfish and to care for others, including animals.
It is wrong to treat animals as humans as you appear to be doing. Anyway we are never going to see eye to eye on this topic.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top