Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Re: do you have FOMO ?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Very true, Aysa.
On the whole people who use the PM facility are genuinely doing so to speak in confidence about a certain matter and the majority do this.
But sometimes they are not as private as we intend them to be. I've been on forums before and had my PM posts copied and pasted into the main forum by lying, devious trolls. And I'm certain that moderators can also see our Personal Messages.

I switch my PMs on and off depending on if a trusted member has something important to say to be. I can't be bothered with extra-curriculur chit chat.
Im sure youre right Floydy ,its best not to get involved unless its a genuine conversation
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Aren’t people suffering with FOMO, just nosey parkers or busybodies and when they aren’t on the internet, they are curtain twitchers, watching everything that’s happening in their road!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Aren’t people suffering with FOMO, just nosey parkers or busybodies and when they aren’t on the internet, they are curtain twitchers, watching everything that’s happening in their road!
Great comparison Art lol ..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Its a surmise Omah...and did anyone say whos doing it?
surmise - suppose that something is true without having evidence to confirm it, i.e. not seen

PMs, which seem more to be for sniping at others behind their backs nowadays
seem - have the appearance of being, i.e. seen

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Yes that's a great observation, so to speak Art.
We probably know as much (or as little) about our neighbours' lives as we do the members on here.
But why should people want to know everything about us?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:50 PM

I can twitch my nets with the best busybodies .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Great comparison Art lol ..
Aysa, l bet there’s a few on here who could tell us how many visitors their neighbours had and the colour of their cars.
Some could even reel off what washing was on their neighbour’s washing line, how many knickers and the colours!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I can twitch my nets with the best busybodies .....
Omah, ln that case you may be able to identify with the points l made in my post to Aysa?!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Aysa, l bet there’s a few on here who could tell us how many visitors their neighbours had and the colour of their cars.
Some could even reel off what washing was on their neighbour’s washing line, how many knickers and the colours!
Without a doubt Art lol
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
surmise - suppose that something is true without having evidence to confirm it, i.e. not seen

seem - have the appearance of being, i.e. seen

I dont know exactly why youre picking on my comments Omah...I was agreeing with Floydy ...so you know for fact that theres NO sniping going on do you ? No more than I do I suspect!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top