Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 10:51 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That kinda makes my point, JBR.
Until we have certainty on these and many other decisions, we can't make an informed choice. Even then, many of us will be able only to speculate on what the consequences of those decisions. And, no doubt, some will be negative.
I made an informed choice based on what was written on the referendum paperwork.

Some things were not stated, I agree, and when we leave - if we leave - it depends on how the EU will react. That was never predictable and it is still not predictable.

That is what we are all discussing on this and other threads: how the EU will react if and when we leave.

I think we are all aware of how they have reacted so far, so unless they realise that if they refuse to work with us in any way after Brexit, my answer would be, "NO, NO, NO".

We don't need them; we have the rest of the world to explore, exactly as we have done in the past.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I made an informed choice based on what was written on the referendum paperwork..
But how many of the electorate did?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:05 PM

I made an informed choice based on what was written on the referendum paperwork.

Some things were not stated, I agree, and when we leave - if we leave - it depends on how the EU will react. That was never predictable and it is still not predictable.

That is what we are all discussing on this and other threads: how the EU will react if and when we leave.

I think we are all aware of how they have reacted so far, so unless they realise that if they refuse to work with us in any way after Brexit, my answer would be, "NO, NO, NO".

We don't need them; we have the rest of the world to explore, exactly as we have done in the past.

Hi

The EU have offered the same Trade Deal as accepted by Canada , Japan and South Korea.

If it is good enough for them it is good enough for us.

I do not see that the EU are refusing to work with us.

The thing we are not getting is Boris, We can have our cake and eat it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:06 PM

But how many of the electorate did?
I'd hazard a guess it wasn't the remainers!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:17 PM

I'd hazard a guess it wasn't the remainers!
But were they any better informed?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2018, 11:29 PM

But were they any better informed?
The options were simple: stay or leave.

Prior to the vote, much information was supplied in the media and I'm sure that everything that was known at the time was made public.

Of course, no-one knew exactly what was in the minds of the EU dictators.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-11-2018, 11:34 PM

T
Prior to the vote, much information was supplied in the media and I'm sure that everything that was known at the time was made public.
But did the majority of the electorate considerate it in detail?
And what the consequences might be?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:01 AM

Another referendum will be devisive not decisive. Most would vote the same.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:02 AM

But did the majority of the electorate considerate it in detail?
And what the consequences might be?
No disrespect intended, but the discussions on this forum give the strong impression that about half of the voters had not informed themselves. Not only the general public, but also politicians were led by what brexit should deliver. A divorce involves two parties, and each leaves with approx. half of what both shared before the divorce.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by cinderella ->
another referendum will be devisive not decisive. Most would vote the same.

I certainly would.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top