Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I admire your optimism.
The words of the Ecclefechan guy come to mind.
I am not optimistic at all.
In my opinion the damage has already been done and the Country is going to suffer the worst recession it has ever seen.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I am not optimistic at all.
Your optimism that the majority of the electorate will know and understand what the issues are.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And what detail would that be then? because I didn't see any other than bullshit from both sides.
Well those who are daft enough to listen to the politicians should expect nothing better than bullshit

Many of the older voters were intelligent enough to have seen, over the years, that the EU were intending to make Europe one country.
I, for one, would not wish to live in such a large country where the people in control have no understanding of what the problems are in different areas, because they have not lived there. At least we currently have the chance to vote for who runs the country & know that our forces will be fighting for what Britain wants..... not some other country.
Look at the USA, they are too big and, although they may make money, it doesn't seem to be used for the benefit of the ordinary people in each state.
The EU already have control over a lot of actions in this country, and I don't believe that British people always benefit from those rules.
That is why I voted to leave
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well those who are daft enough to listen to the politicians should expect nothing better than bullshit

Many of the older voters were intelligent enough to have seen, over the years, that the EU were intending to make Europe one country.
I, for one, would not wish to live in such a large country where the people in control have no understanding of what the problems are in different areas, because they have not lived there. At least we currently have the chance to vote for who runs the country & know that our forces will be fighting for what Britain wants..... not some other country.
Look at the USA, they are too big and, although they may make money, it doesn't seem to be used for the benefit of the ordinary people in each state.
The EU already have control over a lot of actions in this country, and I don't believe that British people always benefit from those rules.
That is why I voted to leave

Now ask yourself whether the scumbag 'nasty party' have managed to deliver on your ideals??? - should be an interesting answer I think.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now ask yourself whether the scumbag 'nasty party' have managed to deliver on your ideals??? - should be an interesting answer I think.
I don't care if there is a fixed border between Northern and Southern Ireland, and lets be fair, we haven't managed to prevent unauthorised immigrants from getting in, even with the EU's help!

Once we are out we won't have to rely on Eastern Europe to provide workers to do the dirty jobs, because we will make sure the British lazy so & sos, who don't want them, have to give a good reason for not applying.

Nobody knows if the Labour party could have negotiated a better deal, as all they want to do is have another general election. If they succeed we will have to see what they can do...... so long as he doesn't count on the magic money tree that he tried to con the young voters with last time.

To be honest UJ, instead of all this political arguing about Tories and Labour, I would like to see the whole of Britain work together on Brexit and demonstrate that we can be a strong country again if are prepared to work hard to be so!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:43 PM

I don't care if there is a fixed border between Northern and Southern Ireland, and lets be fair, we haven't managed to prevent unauthorised immigrants from getting in, even with the EU's help!

Once we are out we won't have to rely on Eastern Europe to provide workers to do the dirty jobs, because we will make sure the British lazy so & sos, who don't want them, have to give a good reason for not applying.

Nobody knows if the Labour party could have negotiated a better deal, as all they want to do is have another general election. If they succeed we will have to see what they can do...... so long as he doesn't count on the magic money tree that he tried to con the young voters with last time.

To be honest UJ, instead of all this political arguing about Tories and Labour, I would like to see the whole of Britain work together on Brexit and demonstrate that we can be a strong country again if are prepared to work hard to be so!
Couldn't agree more !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:52 PM

Indeed. That is something that the government should have addressed long ago. So many people these days have decided that claiming benefits is a viable career option.

As for the Loony Party, I'm pretty sure that they don't have any actual policies, other than empty promises (like paying everyone's university fees!), of course.

I, too, would like to see everyone pulling together at this time. Unfortunately, the people of this country have become so lackadaisical and self-centred these days, I can't see it happening.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 03:00 PM

As for the Loony Party, I'm pretty sure that they don't have any actual policies, other than empty promises (like paying everyone's university fees!), of course.
Perfect description of UKIP, congratulations on your power of speech.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
UJ as someone who voted leave and now likes to pretend they didn't, as I have asked you before what you have done in order to negotiate a withdrawal from the EU that would meet the requirements of all parties involved. Nothing I expect
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

14-11-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
UJ as someone who voted leave and now likes to pretend they didn't, as I have asked you before what you have done in order to negotiate a withdrawal from the EU that would meet the requirements of all parties involved. Nothing I expect
Just what can any individual do?

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top