Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't care if there is a fixed border between Northern and Southern Ireland, and lets be fair, we haven't managed to prevent unauthorised immigrants from getting in, even with the EU's help!

Once we are out we won't have to rely on Eastern Europe to provide workers to do the dirty jobs, because we will make sure the British lazy so & sos, who don't want them, have to give a good reason for not applying.

Nobody knows if the Labour party could have negotiated a better deal, as all they want to do is have another general election. If they succeed we will have to see what they can do...... so long as he doesn't count on the magic money tree that he tried to con the young voters with last time.

To be honest UJ, instead of all this political arguing about Tories and Labour, I would like to see the whole of Britain work together on Brexit and demonstrate that we can be a strong country again if are prepared to work hard to be so!
Twink I agree with much of what you say.
I am sure the Labour party would not have done any better in the negotiations, they are busy being all things to all people in the hope that the puppet of the left Corbyn will win the next election.
That awful man Starmer goes on about his '6 tests' which he knows jolly well are unachievable under EU rules .

There is no way an agreement can be made that will live up to the expectations of all parties involved. The best we can hope for is that we manage it get out of the EU having met the main criteria of taking back control of our /fishing/farming/money/ laws and borders and the latter means for me not having to accept the lowest common denominator but allowing in the best workers from anywhere in the world .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Just what can any individual do?
Not be so quick to criticise those who are attempting to deal with a very difficult situation.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not be so quick to criticise those who are attempting to deal with a very difficult situation.
So we let them walk all over us, isn't that exactly what you have all said about the EU?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-11-2018, 05:07 PM

So we let them walk all over us, isn't that exactly what you have all said about the EU?
It's nothing to do with 'letting people walk all over us' . If you are going to criticise and vent your spite on others (as you and UJ are always so quick to do) at least put forward an alternative solution to those being proposed.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:16 PM

It's nothing to do with 'letting people walk all over us' . If you are going to criticise and vent your spite on others (as you and UJ are always so quick to do) at least put forward an alternative solution to those being proposed.
There isn't one is there?
All you clever people have put us on the road to ruin.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:29 PM

They're all as bad as each other. Lining their own pockets and up their own asses. No politician gives a jot about the common working man (or woman), they are in it for themselves and for the sake of their own blinkered, self-righteous egos. Al political parties are the same in the end. Right or left it takes the same old course. Bullsh!t is the operative word.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Hi

I am very different to many of you in my reasons for voting to leave.

I am in no way worried by EU Immigration, we can control it if we want, not worried about having EU Standards for goods and services, we will have to abide by others standards whoever we export to and EU Standards are widely accepted in world trade,

What I will not accept is Brussels still having the final say on our laws, further integration and an EU Army.

I am completely against remaining a member of an EU run by and for the benefit of France,Germany and Luxembourg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-11-2018, 05:31 PM

There isn't one is there?
All you clever people have put us on the road to ruin.
It's nothing to do with 'being clever' , it's about being pragmatic rather than seeing the world through the jaundiced eye of someone who blames everyone but themselves for their failings.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am very different to many of you in my reasons for voting to leave.

I am in no way worried by EU Immigration, we can control it if we want, not worried about having EU Standards for goods and services, we will have to abide by others standards whoever we export to and EU Standards are widely accepted in world trade,

What I will not accept is Brussels still having the final say on our laws, further integration and an EU Army.

I am completely against remaining a member of an EU run by and for the benefit of France,Germany and Luxembourg.
You aren't that different most of us have that as a reason too.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

14-11-2018, 05:47 PM

It's nothing to do with 'being clever' , it's about being pragmatic rather than seeing the world through the jaundiced eye of someone who blames everyone but themselves for their own failings.
Thank you for your psycho analysis.
Just where did you qualify by the way?

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top