Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:34 PM

School Reunion

I have had a busy 2 weeks leading up to this!
It was on Saturday from 3 (afternoon tea/bar for those who wanted) until 1.30am!
Fish n chips van came from 7.30 onwards (I know, classy or what )

I'm so glad I went.. my close friends and I had been in 2 minds all week..It was an absolute hoot!
The years had been kinder to some..
Some were rolling in money ..
Some had sad stories to tell..
Some had jetted over from abroad..
Some like me had stayed fairly local
But what lovely bunch of people we all seemed to be and those years together had so obviously bound us forever somehow

We are planning one every year now! Maybe not a buffet and live band next time though

Have you ever had one?
Our lot waited 37 years!!!
How soon was yours?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:57 PM

Re: School Reunion

Never, I walked out of that Hell Hole, free in June 1965, I've never set foot inside it again.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:02 PM

That sounds like fun Rhian.
We had a grade 7/8 reunion about 20 years ago but I didn’t go.
It’s not from not liking the people. I had a blast in these years. It’s just too many people in one place.

Lucky you Rhian. I wish I could do it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Had one back in 2002, although there was about half a dozen of us, not in our old school but we all met in a pub, one of our old school friend came over from Australia, he has a new life over there, it’s so strange how no one really changed much, not sure if I’d go to another one though..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:26 PM

How fun, Rhian! I went to schools in California and in Kansas and enjoyed going back to reunions to find that everyone, as you mentioned, had gone off on diverse and interesting paths. Reunions seem to get better as the years go by, everyone becoming more comfortable in their (aging skin).

We grew up in great times and it was fun to relive all of it for a few hours. Plus, we rediscovered that the ones who were good dancers still were...

and the one who were terrible dancers - weren't the least bit embarrassed to give it a go.

Glad you had such a good time .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:35 PM

Yes Rhian in my forties.
I have moved around a lot, but I was tracked down by a friend that heard the announcement on the radio.
I walked in and thought, where have all these fat bald men come from
Many of my school friends had passed away, that was a shock. I did link up with some, but I lost contact again when my handbag was snatched, containing my phone and also my address book.
I don't think they had another.
Some of our teachers were also there.
I have loads of photos.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Inever have been to reunion , I don"t think I would like it TBH.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 08:49 PM

I’ve never been to a reunion, wouldn’t be comfortable, but would like to know what everyone is up to now, and what they look like.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 08:52 PM

I love school reunions, it is like meeting up with long lost relatives.
I keep in touch with many of my school friends from infant and senior school and we all meet up now and again.

I feel such a great affection for them and love to talk about our wonderful times when we just little kids.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 10:04 PM

Nah, got nostalgia out the way early on, then rebooted, then suited, just waiting for a Defrag now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top