Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:46 PM

Re: Rehabs Christmas Tips

Yuk! That is disgusting, Rhian!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yuk! That is disgusting, Rhian!
I know...
I'm going to write a hundred lines about the company I used to keep..
I shall never snort in utter horror ever again
I shall never snort in utter horror ...

Copy... paste..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:57 PM

Thanks. Rehab.
Now I know what to do while visiting.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Yes, its that time of year. And once again it is time for Rehab to provide you with tips and advice to surviving the Christmas festivities so lets start with the food, and specifically your neighbours or friends food!

Christmas eating tips, print this off and take it with to your next christmas party or dinner.

1 Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving something significantly less healthy.

2. Drink as much of others people’s exotic alcoholic beverages as you can, especially if it’s someone who normally has to assess the cost when giving you the time of day (extra points if they are related to you). This opportunity will not present itself until next Christmas or when one of their offspring gets married. Besides, they’d do the same to you. And what the the bloody hell is eggnog all about? it looks like bright yellow snot.....

3. If something comes with sauce of any description, use it in copious quantities. That's the whole point of sauce - pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with sauce. Eat the volcano. Repeat. Nuffing wrong with tomato sauce on your Turkey

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skimmed milk or whole milk. If it's skimmed, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic gear box.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it.

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and a fluorescent cocktail.

7. If you come across something good at a buffet table that you’ve never had before and are really delicious, position yourself near them and don't move. Have as many as you can before becoming the centre of attention. They're like those fantastic bargains in the sales - if you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again. Avoid the pineapple on a a toothpick, eat the cheese by all means, flick the pineapple at the dog.

8. Same for cakes and mince pies, try everything. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two pieces of Christmas cake, especially if there’s a lot of marzipan, if you don’t like marzipan, then take it home as wrapped in a serviette for the dogs - dogs are the greatest connoisseurs of calorie-laden food in the known universe.

9. If there’s that Stollen stuff, Panetone or other continental offering that sounds like it aught to be an item of clothing used by rock climbers, you can have as much as you like as no-one else will touch it - and it was probably really expensive so it counts double.

10. One final tip: If you don't need some larger items of clothing when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't done it properly.

Whatever happened to good old Pork Pies eh?, chunks of meat,and bloody pickled onions... If I wanted vitamins I would get them out of a bloody jar.

Love these tips Rehab......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:29 AM

Funny.

Reminds me of my dad who always tells my mom that what they should be taking to any particular Christmas function is a festively decorated basket to placed at the end of the buffet line filled with an assortment of stomach antacids.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:33 AM

Excellent stff.😂😂😂
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:30 AM

if you are told to leave your coat on the hosts' bed, make sure you place it underneath all the other coats. That way, when the dog or cat decides to cr@p on them, your one will be safe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
if you are told to leave your coat on the hosts' bed, make sure you place it underneath all the other coats. That way, when the dog or cat decides to cr@p on them, your one will be safe.
Or those that sneak away for naughtiness.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Or those that sneak away for naughtiness.
Sounds like someone is speaking through experience?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Sounds like someone is speaking through experience?
I saw you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top