Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Rehabs Christmas Tips

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I saw you.
In decades gone by you might well have. But these days if you find me under coats it is because I am having a nap.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
if you are told to leave your coat on the hosts' bed, make sure you place it underneath all the other coats. That way, when the dog or cat decides to cr@p on them, your one will be safe.
But Longdogs, what about the bedbugs..
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
In decades gone by you might well have. But these days if you find me under coats it is because I am having a nap.
hahahahaha MrFraggle, me too....me too... (got to have that nap to get me through the rest of the day)
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Dementia, my beloved, peace and blessings on her name wants me to climb into the attic today, in order to retrieve the ‘decs’ (Christmas Decorations) so that ‘we’ see what we have!

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without decorating the house with bits of fake foliage and sparkly, glittery things.

I don't quite know the history and tradition around turning our homes into bizarre grottos, but I hate it.

Without having any exposure to these traditions, if somebody asked you to bring a tree into your house, to decorate with lights, tinsel, baubles and stick a fake fairy (or star) on top, you'd tell them to, with all due respect, bog right off.
If you were asked make garlands out of ivy and other winter greenery and drape these on your fireplace, or down your staircase, you'd think there'd been an escape from the local mental hospital and that you were conversing with escapee numero uno.

Utter insanity. Christmas I am not looking forward to going up into the attic. Not one bit, there are spiders up there! They are so bloody big they dont have legs! They now have tracks!
In my book anything that scuttles quickly is to be avoided at all costs.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-11-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Dementia, my beloved, peace and blessings on her name wants me to climb into the attic today, in order to retrieve the ‘decs’ (Christmas Decorations) so that ‘we’ see what we have!

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without decorating the house with bits of fake foliage and sparkly, glittery things.

I don't quite know the history and tradition around turning our homes into bizarre grottos, but I hate it.

Without having any exposure to these traditions, if somebody asked you to bring a tree into your house, to decorate with lights, tinsel, baubles and stick a fake fairy (or star) on top, you'd tell them to, with all due respect, bog right off.
If you were asked make garlands out of ivy and other winter greenery and drape these on your fireplace, or down your staircase, you'd think there'd been an escape from the local mental hospital and that you were conversing with escapee numero uno.

Utter insanity. Christmas I am not looking forward to going up into the attic. Not one bit, there are spiders up there! They are so bloody big they dont have legs! They now have tracks!
hahahaha what a hoot, you get up that Attic and give those spiders a feast..they deserve a treat once in a while like everyone else...
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Ya big Jessie, next you will be telling us you are scared of bananas?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bananas.html
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Nah hiding and pretending to be innocent.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:07 PM

It’s all very well to mock but I do shop in Asda and I do or did eat bananas. I don’t like spiders.
Anyway .... To the attic ....Before me lies the Skanky doorway to doom, but I am prepared.. Gloves..old bush hat from a long forgotten posting, hiking boots, all I need was a pipe with an ounce of best shag smouldering in it and I could have easily been mistaken for John Blashford Snell ( google is your friend)

So, covered in dust, dirt and deadly spiders, I emergd with binbags of baubles and boxes of branches for the "assemble-it-yourself" tree.
Some of the decorations are getting on for fifty years old, and they look it.
I was tempted to go out and buy a whole load of new decs so as I wouldn't have to face the loft of doom. But there's something comforting in unwrapping the tissue-covered items each year and exclaiming to yourself "Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that!" or, "I remember making this in Miss Kershaw's class at primary school".

Each item has its own particular place in the history of the Rehab Christmases past. I have decided to throw the whole bloody lot into the bin…under cover of darkness and start anew. On the plus side it will confuse the bin men, with luck they might think that they have slept through Xmas like Rip Van Winkle.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:13 PM

It’s all very well to mock but I do shop in Asda and I do or did eat bananas. I don’t like spiders.
Anyway .... To the attic ....Before me lies the Skanky doorway to doom, but I am prepared.. Gloves..old bush hat from a long forgotten posting, hiking boots, all I need was a pipe with an ounce of best shag smouldering in it and I could have easily been mistaken for John Blashford Snell ( google is your friend)

So, covered in dust, dirt and deadly spiders, I emergd with binbags of baubles and boxes of branches for the "assemble-it-yourself" tree.
Some of the decorations are getting on for fifty years old, and they look it.
I was tempted to go out and buy a whole load of new decs so as I wouldn't have to face the loft of doom. But there's something comforting in unwrapping the tissue-covered items each year and exclaiming to yourself "Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that!" or, "I remember making this in Miss Kershaw's class at primary school".

Each item has its own particular place in the history of the Rehab Christmases past. I have decided to throw the whole bloody lot into the bin…under cover of darkness and start anew. On the plus side it will confuse the bin men, with luck they might think that they have slept through Xmas like Rip Van Winkle.
Oh no don't throw them Rehab, you will have the ghost of Christmas Past after you.
The memories I get when we get ours down. Brings tears to my eyes. We have no spiders in our attic, just vodoo masks from the previous owner.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top