Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Brace Yourselves, It Ain’t Going To Happen, Is It?

Did I hear it right on the news last night that the MP's had taken a vote not to extend the March 29th deadline?

Great post Bread, and one which I fully agree with....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Did I hear it right on the news last night that the MP's had taken a vote not to extend the March 29th deadline?

Thanks OGF !

I heard that too and I also heard that parliament is in favour of keeping "no-deal"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
thanks ogf !

I heard that too and i also heard that parliament is in favour of keeping "no-deal"
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, I did read it.

That is not to say that I agree.

We need to leave, we had a Democratic Vote which must be respected.

Out we go, it is our choice.

Our Politicians have messed it up big time, that is no reason to stay in.

There is a vitally important principle at stake here.

We, the average people, voted to Leave.

It is not for a Political Elite to decide otherwise.

We voted Leave, whatever the consequences we must do it.

Anything else is a complete travesty.

I can't understand why and how you didn't agree with it, irrespective of whether we voted to leave or not!!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:45 PM

Think you need your ear's syringing old boy (a normal problem at your age). All that happened is that parliament was OFFERED a vote on whether we leave with no deal. Nothing else.

Theresa May has promised MPs a vote on delaying the UK's departure from the EU or ruling out a no-deal Brexit, if they reject her deal next month.
itsme
Wigan UK

28-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So far the EU have sent Barnier (the office boy) to do the negotiating, and what was supposed to be an open dialogue to achieve a comprehensive FTA with the UK, the EU has turned into a complete joke.

For a start, the EU decided to play silly games with Gibraltar and giving the Spanish a veto on future trading arrangements after we have left, winding up Gibraltarians, the British and about 30,000 Spanish that work there.

Then, we have had about 18 months of the EU "nay sayers" like Tusk and Verhofstadt saying "no" to everything because we haven't made enough progress, only to then get the Prime Minister to go to Brussels at 4am to try and sort things out, only to be humiliated by the failed Polish Prime Minister, EU dictator, murderer and fraudster Donald Tusk.

We then had another public flogging of the UK, calling us a colony and then again by Tusk saying their is a special place in hell for all of us who triggered A50 in good faith that the EU would want to agree a deal, to ensure that the industries of the 28 would be protected, enabling trade trade to continue between our countries to protect those that supply us with goods and for us, who supply them with goods (and services).

While all this was going on, jug eared faggot Varadkar decided with Covey (a spud picking under achiever) to go along with the EU's bullsh1t about the Irish border and telling us that we either give away to Dublin, Northern Ireland or they will force the Good Friday Agreement to be breached by building a hard border across the country, winding them up to try and bring back the levels of terrorism we saw in the 70s from the IRA.

Nice people eh ?

So May has compromised just about everything to try and allow us to leave the EU in a way that satisfies the EU's unreasonable demands and quite rightly, stuck one back on the EU dictators by having it voted down by 230 MPs to show that the UK is having none of it.

Meanwhile the 27 are starting to scratch their heads wondering what the EU chimps have been doing and why on the 29th of March they are looking at putting 700,000 Germans out of work and the UK buying their produce from outside the EU. This mean taxes from the 27 will go through the roof and their MEPs standing in the May elections will tank in favour of far right eurosceptics with an agenda to tear up the disaster that has become of the European Project and taking with it, everything they can take from everyone else.

So quite rightly, the popularity for a clean break, no strings attached withdrawal from the EU is gaining more and more traction. Every time Tusk opens his gob, the desire for no deal gains 5000 more votes and we see remainers changing their position to start favouring leave and a no-deal withdrawal.

These EU dictators are nothing more than unelected, glorified civil servants with nothing to lose from a no deal Brexit. The people that will pick up the tab will be the 27. Ofcourse, they get to keep their jobs because they know full well, that there is no mechanism to get rid of them. Their answer will be more political integration with more erosion of sovereignty as the EU doors close a bit further to the rest of the world and they align themselves further to Russia. The EU army will be ramped up because the easiest way for the EU to control the members of the 27 is to frighten them into complying with their ideology and to start to punish Eurosceptics starting with Poland (Tusks country), Hungary, Italy and the French yellow vests.

Then watch the whole thing fall apart within 2 years of us leaving, while we trade with the rest of the world. Because when Germany goes into recession - those loans will needed to be paid back to fund it. The money is not there - quantitive easing has stopped, the banks are about to implode again and unemployment is going up and up, with no wage increases.

There.... that sounds better.

Hope you feel better after that nonsensical diatribe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Hope you feel better after that nonsensical diatribe.
Pity its lost on you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 02:11 PM

Hi Bob I understand the deadline can still be extended under certain circumstances that is if 'May's deal' is voted down during the meaningful vote on the March 12th which triggers a vote to leave with 'No deal' on the 13th March and if that fails it will trigger another vote on March 14th to 'Extend article 50' with the permission of the EU.
See below...

In addition to all this Corbyn will now table an amendment on March 12 requesting another referendum.
It is never ending and we haven't even started the trade deals yet.

I hope I have expained this clearly we seem to be going round in circles

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD.png
Views:	122
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	8884  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bob I understand the deadline can still be extended under certain circumstances that is if 'May's deal' is voted down during the meaningful vote on the March 12th which triggers a vote to leave with 'No deal' on the 13th March and if that fails it will trigger another vote on March 14th to 'Extend article 50' with the permission of the EU.
See below...

In addition to all this Corbyn will now table an amendment on March 12 requesting another referendum.
It is never ending and we haven't even started the trade deals yet.

I hope I have expained this clearly we seem to be going round in circles
Thanks Meg, brilliant explanation I thought I'd got it wrong. Must be my age as itsme suggests....

Love the graphics....
itsme
Wigan UK

28-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Pity its lost on you.

Crap is always lost on me, but obviously not you.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top