Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Joan's sticky buns

ok, no smart remarks about the title.

The most important part of this recipe is to remember to spray with pam the inside of a bundt pan and also the side of the foil you will cover them with while they rise over night.

Preheat oven at 350 degrees

! package of Rhodes Dinner Rolls (36 in a package frozen about the size of two marbles.

1 package butterscotch pudding mix (do NOT use instant)reg. size box
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 stick of margarine
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of cropped pecans

Night before place 20 rolls in a bundt pan and it will take a couple layers depends on the size of your pan. Remember about spraying the pan
With a spoon sprinkle cinn. and pudding mix evenly over the top
In a sauce pan melt margarine and add brown sugar to melt and then nuts. While hot spoon this over the top evenly.
Cover with foil and spray the part that the rolls will touch once they rise. When putting the foil on leave a little give so there is a bit of room for them and don't worry in the morning if some are showing.

You bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered depending on your stove. Wait 5 min. and turn them over on a round platter. It is a beautiful presentation and so many of us love them but not good often for keeping fit Best to let set a 1/2 hour before eating. This is something that you can warm a few seconds in the micowave later. Also you do not cut this recipe, you take a fork and they fall off one by one. Sure hope you have Rhodes Dinner Rolls where you are.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 05:22 PM

Re: Joan's sticky buns

lol wondered what you were on about then Buzzie
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Oh you were not supposed to see this thread since you are our fittness moderator. I'll come clean I cheat most every Sunday

If I was smart I could have called them Azz's Sticky Buns
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Joan, what does spray with pam mean? and at first I thought it was a typo but I see its spelt the same way twice.. bundt pan?? Please dont think im critisising but im wondering if this is a bun tin.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:30 PM

We're getting into 2 counties divided by the same language territory again - and nowhere is it more evident than in the kitchen/restaurant
Cilantro - coriander
Beet - betroot
Batsil - basil
Tomato - tomato
Scallions - spring onion
etc

And Joan - how gorgeous does your recipe sound .... but we can't get the prime ingredient. Is it a plain bread roll or more like a brioche roll?

All those things
buzzie
USA

29-10-2009, 08:34 PM

This is the spray and it doesn't have to be Pam

http://www.pam4you.com/index.jsp

we use it all the time here.

I'll get you a pic of the pan
buzzie
USA

29-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Here is the Bundt Pan, I bet you don't use them often. You can use something like it.

DM, you are so right our kitchens are equipped diferently. Oh no you don't have the rhodes rolls. They are more of a bread dough in the form of sm. rolls that have to rise over night or about 8 hrs.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
buzzie
USA

29-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Joan, what does spray with pam mean? and at first I thought it was a typo but I see its spelt the same way twice.. bundt pan?? Please dont think im critisising but im wondering if this is a bun tin.
Hope that helps Cassie, never worry about asking questions. I can really get carried away.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:52 PM

just a ring mould I think - don't think we have a special name for a decorated one
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Thank you Joan Id have hated it have read as though I was being critical lol It was a relief to see bundt written twice as it reassured me it was probably deliberate!!
Im really fancying these buns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top