Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 03:41 PM

Re: Indulgence Over - Slimming World....

I don't know about slimming but i have planned to start swimming at least three times a week.

I just love yogurt and cottage cheese so I have made up my mind to make that my dessert until someone has a Birthday....hope it's soon
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 08:23 PM

I put on a stone over the festive season, but after struggling for 3 weeks it's off, . . it's so easy to put on weight but a nightmare to loose it innit.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 09:24 PM

Good luck with your swimming buzzie, that's the best form of exercise, I'm gonna be going soon as well.

Well done Nero for getting your stone off. I'm seriously eating healthily now, I've got a feeling I'm gonna need another op. later on this year and I'm terrified of a general anaesthetic with my weight so I want to get off as much as I can incase I can't have another epidural (look at my profile which I have now updated and you'll see what I mean ).

I'm starting a Weight Management Class at our Health Centre next week, I'll go once a week and they weigh you etc.

It is hard getting it off like you say Nero.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 12:11 AM

I have lost 15lbs. I have been eating The Atkins way of eating walking a mile each day and using an excersise bike for about 30 mins each day. It is slow but sure.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Be very wary of `Atkins`-it is not good for you. By all means reduce some of the carbs but don`t believe everything you hear/read.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 11:13 AM

I have read a great deal about the Atkins way of eating. I started to eat this way to lose weight, then we discovered my husband has diabetes. He stopped eating all refined foods, sugars and carbs. In three months he had brought his glucose levels down from 11.9 to 4.9 which is normal. He had also brought down his blood pressure and colesterol numbers.

Our breakfast is eggs, bacon and mushrooms, lunch usually chicken or fish with cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, peppers, celery, cucumber or lettuce sometimes in a salad sometimes in a stir fry or just steamed usually we have sugar free jelly and double cream for dessert and for snacks it is celery and cream cheese, peanuts, pate or if really hungry a good cheese omlette.

Our diet is full of vegetables and when the berries are in season we eat those as well.

I certainly don't believe everything I hear/read I like to find out for myself and have found that eating less carbs and no processed food works for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 03:36 PM

I was on the Atkins diet a few years ago and lost almost a stone and a half in a year but did find I had a few problems with it .... dizziness, BP. There were scare stories around about heart and bowel problems so I didn't use that diet again.

However, I see there is a New Atkins Advantage Diet out now where there is a slightly bigger variety of food. On this one you are allowed small quantities of brown rice, wholemeal bread and pasta which I think is a big improvement healthwise as cutting down too low on carbs cannot be good for you.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Well done Cookiecate in your weight loss, you've done well.

I joined a Weight Management programme this morning at our local Health Centre. It's a one to one session with a nurse, she weighs you, takes your BP and has a general chat to you and you see her once a week to be weighed. It was my first time going as I had to switch doctor surgeries due to moving and they didn't have this service at my last practice. Anyway after weighing me she looked back at my notes and said I had lost two and a half stone since last October when I was last weighed at the last surgery. I was really pleased.

I'm just gonna do healthy eating, no fad diets as I've done them all before and they don't work for me. It is hard though.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Well done Alison and good luck to all who are dieting at the moment and that you all have a happy and healthy year....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Hi Mags, I have been eating plenty of vegetables and drinking about 2 litres of water each day which solves the constipation thing. It was really the way that it helped my husband that most impressed me. He lost weight and said that for the first time in his life he was in control of what went into his stomach and when as you are never hungry on this diet which is a great big boon.

Congratulations to you Alicat you must feel so much better after losing two and a half stones that is a lot of weight well done you do you have any more to lose? As suey says be happy and healthy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top