Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2010, 05:45 AM

Super foods!

Here's a list of a few super foods - hands up those who haven't even heard of a few

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 01:26 AM

Re: Super foods!

I have not heard of all of them .
I tried gogi berries which were very expensive and tasted like sour toenails

Also tried wheatgrass which tastes like compost yuk
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Lol what do sour toenails taste like Meg?

I haven't tried wheatgrass yet but it's meant to be very good for you (when juiced). There were a few in that list I hadn't heard of.

btw, did you know they want to use Spirulina to help combat world hunger? It's meant to be a very nutrient rich algae - tha grows very quickly and in harsh conditions..
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 12:04 PM

I am beginning to think that not many on here actually enjoy cooking and eating for the pleasure of the taste of the food.

I get this feeling that food to some posters is just another essential medicine to be used sparingly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 01:41 PM

If you suffer with digestive problems I am all for trying alternative foods. My husband has suffered with stomach problems for years and it was only when a good friend suggested giving up milk that he began to feel some improvement. He is now aware of what he can and can't eat and always looks for alternatives.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

19-02-2010, 05:37 PM

I was the same Mags - I was pretty much falling apart, went to docs left,right and center - had lots of tests done but they all came back ok. I was at my wits end but then met a dietician who put me on the detox - I started to feel better almost instantly

Now if I have any aches or pains I turn to the detox and 'touch wood' it almost always helps. The only time I've had to take antibiotics in the last 10 years was for a tooth abscess - of course there was a 'natural' alternative... have the tooth out but we're too vain these days lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top