Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

24-11-2017, 01:38 AM

Re: remembering concorde

I've only just seen this thread. I flew back from New York to Heathrow in 1982 on Concorde.

We were booked business class and got upgraded to R which my Dad didnt recognise so we didnt go in the dedicated lounge. We hit mach 2 over the Atlantic and you could hear the boom in the cabin. There were two meals, both served on Royal Doulton china, but for my Dad the best bit was David Niven was on the flight. He had not long brought out a second book after 'The Moons a Baloon' and my Dad was very star struck.

Anyway, thats about it for my memory of her. Its a shame the US objected as the flight times to the States by now could be as short as getting on a bus.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:54 AM

February at Heathrow

Never been on her but I worked opposite Heathrow and saw her many times. I used to catch a bus from a stop at the end of the runway as she was taking off. You could feel it in your breast bone as she accelerated.

Also saw her at Southend airshow
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:47 AM

that feeling in the chest used to make me feel so emotional!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top