Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Re: 999 Emergency Services.....Don't Make Me Laugh.

999 Emergency Services.....Don't Make Me Laugh.

is the thread heading.

All I can say is when I needed an ambulance a couple of years ago when I thought I might be having a heart attack the crew were here in a matter of minutes. That happened twice and were fantastic , turned out it wasn't my heart as I have already previously mentioned
I won't have a word said against them. From the first 999 call to the hospital the care just could not be bettered. And this is the area which keeps getting bad reports
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 11:26 AM

As you all know, my health is far from good and I have had cause to utilise the facilities of the Ambulance Service on many occasions during these past couple of years, the latest being my hospitalisation on 17th March this year.

On each and every occasion I have been treated with the utmost respect, and have never had cause to wait unduly long.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
999 Emergency Services.....Don't Make Me Laugh.

is the thread heading.

All I can say is when I needed an ambulance a couple of years ago when I thought I might be having a heart attack the crew were here in a matter of minutes. That happened twice and were fantastic , turned out it wasn't my heart as I have already previously mentioned
I won't have a word said against them. From the first 999 call to the hospital the care just could not be bettered. And this is the area which keeps getting bad reports
Hi

It really is a Postcode Lottery.

Where I live you can wait 2 hours for an ambulance and even when you get to the hospital you can be stacked up waiting outside for hours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 01:37 PM

I'm really sorry to hear what happened Tpin. That must have been very scary for both of you.

It really is a lottery when it comes to calling for help these days and according to a paramedic friend of mine, it's mostly due to bad organisation and bureaucracy rather than under funding.

How is your mum now?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm really sorry to hear what happened Tpin. That must have been very scary for both of you.

It really is a lottery when it comes to calling for help these days and according to a paramedic friend of mine, it's mostly due to bad organisation and bureaucracy rather than under funding.

How is your mum now?
She's responding to treatment and had a comfortable night, thanks.

@realspeed.
You have received good service and that's been a lifesaver in your case.

The NHS' treatment where my mum is concerned has been nothing but atrocious.....her present condition is down to staff neglect in the first place, that borders on criminal imho.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It really is a Postcode Lottery.

Where I live you can wait 2 hours for an ambulance and even when you get to the hospital you can be stacked up waiting outside for hours.

This can happen here as well Swim.
I have been at our local hospital when Mum was alive and saw ambulances parked outside still waiting to unload their patients.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:55 AM

Thankfully (touch wood) I haven't had the need for an ambulance. There are some very scary stories here though, we really need more investment in the NHS, I hope you and yours are coping ok Tpin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
She's responding to treatment and had a comfortable night, thanks.

@realspeed.
You have received good service and that's been a lifesaver in your case.

The NHS' treatment where my mum is concerned has been nothing but atrocious.....her present condition is down to staff neglect in the first place, that borders on criminal imho.
Glad to hear she is more comfortable now mate.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top