Join for free
Page 61 of 66 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

I see the EU Commission has rejected Italy's budget and told them to think again https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45954022
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmm was this by May's design or accident???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8598206.html
The report referred to was published juni 2018. The governments answer was published september 21.
On this forum I have quoted from this report when comments were made on UK's excellent status of security and guarding against criminals.
Apperently not only on this forum but in organisations like HM Customs one is still bickering whether brexit will come in effect. Seems like a waste of time. UK will leave the EU.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I see the EU Commission has rejected Italy's budget and told them to think again https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45954022
German banks made millions out of Greece I bet they are waiting with glee for this to all go wrong too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Would you trust this prat???

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8598351.html
Those of us actually on medication will have experienced that their drugs were unavailable due to lack of raw materials. This happens infrequently, but is nevertheless the reason for the advice to stockpile for a six weeks use of your medicines. That is, medicines you use for a prolonged period of time.
Such shortages are not attributable to brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Just another example of a government that was elected on the false promise that necessary financial cuts will be bypassed and that everybody will be of better, financially speaking. The Italian president refused to instal the cabinet that made these promises. After another vote the same party was elected again.
Now it takes the EU to prohibit a economic disaster in Italy.

Recently in Europe there was a similar case. A politician wanting to be elected promised that leaving the EU would bring only benefits. At present it is becoming clear what a disaster such a move brings to a country.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The report referred to was published juni 2018. The governments answer was published september 21.
On this forum I have quoted from this report when comments were made on UK's excellent status of security and guarding against criminals.
Apperently not only on this forum but in organisations like HM Customs one is still bickering whether brexit will come in effect. Seems like a waste of time. UK will leave the EU.
Let me add some thoughts from todays report in the Commons.

The report finds that the UK's biosecurity could be at risk after Brexit if it loses access to vital EU alerts on animal and plant pest and disease threats. The Committee urges the government to seek continued participation in the EU's notification and intelligence sharing networks, advising that continued cooperation is critical to our ability to manage threats which could be economically and ecologically catastrophic to the UK

The Committee expresses doubt that the UK would have effective replacement systems ready in the event of a no-deal Brexit in March 2019.

"The existing arrangements are far from perfect but significant gaps will be created when the UK leaves them. We rely on the EU for everything from auditing plant nurseries and farms to funding our research laboratories. The UK Government has a huge amount of work to do to replace this system in time for Brexit, and failure to do so could have an economic and environmental impact that would be felt for decades to come.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I can only speak for me and if we are worse off I am ready for it because money isnt what brexit was actually about. Principles do sometimes matter more than money. If I didnt think that we would have been better off all our lives because i would have prioritised work over family and charity but we made a decision one of us would be free to make those our priorities.
Well said, Julia.

I believe that the majority of Brexiteers, certainly I do, feel that it is not about the money, at least inasmuch as our not suddenly becoming rich overnight.

It is, of course, all to do with sovereignty and political and judicial independence.

Of course, I rejoice that we shall no longer be taken for mugs by the EU, who are clearly only interested in our membership for the sake of taking our money.

This can be confirmed by Macron's latest threat: to shut down Calais if we leave! Clearly, the nearer we get to Brexit, the more worried he is becoming that he is going to have to make up part of the shortfall!

Of course, 'closing down Calais' would hurt him and his country more than it would us.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-10-2018, 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=JBR;1551773

This can be confirmed by Macron's latest threat: to shut down Calais if we leave! Clearly, the nearer we get to Brexit, the more worried he is becoming that he is going to have to make up part of the shortfall!

Of course, 'closing down Calais' would hurt him and his country more than it would us.[/QUOTE]

Nice example of how you arrive at your statement. A report to the house (gathered by an englishman) stated that Macron could close Calais.
Macron has the power to do so, but he has never ever threatened to do so. On the contrary, he has said he would open the border so all those people gathered there could do as they wished, that is, go to the UK. He had no wish to detain them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Oh dear, this little piece of news won't please the Brexiteers will it???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8603811.html
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:53 PM

Oh dear, this little piece of news won't please the Brexiteers will it???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8603811.html
So much for the easiest trade negotiation ever, eh? Another brexit lie exposed.

Page 61 of 66 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top