Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:39 AM

pressure washer Karcher

If your thinking of getting one do not buy the K2 model there is not much power behind it. The dirt buster lancer for it has a design flaw within the head itself. As the jet rotates a plastic part wears out which keeps the ball bearing high enough to meet the inside jet disc which causes it to rotate. Hard to explain in detail but take it from me this lance is a no no.

One thing to remember is the bar pressure is at the pump not at the nozzle, so if quoted for example 120 bar in reality at the nozzel it may only be 90 bar pressure which I think is a bit of a con

Managed to find a company in poland of all places that supply the spare parts I need.

Seriously thinking of getting a petrol petrol pressure washer for a copuple of reasons. first of all generally they produce a more powerful jet and second you only have a hose to connect, no trailing power lead.

This is the one I have been looking at. seems to be ideal and good reports. Price is reasonable compared to well know makes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEALOURUS-T...50H2K3HWBBXW9K

l
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 02:01 AM

Re: pressure washer Karcher

I bought a Ryobi it was slightly cheaper than a Karcher or a Gerni, had a higher pressure and more accessories.

After much use it still performs perfectly. Highly recommend them.

BTW after much testing BHP bought Gernies in preference to Karcher I don't think Ryobi had a model out when I worked for them.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020529.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	11868   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020528.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	11869  
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:39 PM

A friend of mine bought a Karcher pressure washer, used it twice in 6months and it broke. He took it back and was given a replacement under warranty. Used that one 3 times and it, too, broke. Took that one back and got his money back.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 07:16 PM

Thinking of getting a new pressure washer myself. The Wilks-USA RX525 gets a good review. I cannot find a source for the Ryobi model Bruce mentioned. Only a smaller one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 08:15 PM

A low pressure Karcher could be useful when all the toilet rolls are gone.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A low pressure Karcher could be useful when all the toilet rolls are gone.
Or grab a dockleaf before the wretched vegans consume them all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Or grab a dockleaf before the wretched vegans consume them all.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 05:38 PM

Ok back to Karcher pressure washers

The basic K2 model is ok providing you don't need the dirt blasting lance Costing £34 for a genuine one. This is why

Stripping down the lance head which unscrews from the head you find these parts inside

What causes the rotation is that pink round disk has angled 4 angled holes to direct the water.
The ball bearing is only there to aid smooth contact with the flat side of the disc

What causes it to give the spinning motion is the white part which has very small fins

the fault lies here. Those plastic fins as it rotates hits the inside of the "Black" casing causing wear and breaks as shown above

Another problem is what the ball bearing rests on. In the photo below in the centre is a plastic cross structure and at the outside edge of those bars is a tiny piece of upright plastic and that suppots the ball bearing.

AS they wore down I manufactured a steel sleeve to rest on those uprights to raise the ball bearing to the right height

However although raising the ball bearing up the main damage is to those small white fins. so the whole thing is scrapped.

At the moment I am waiting for a new dirt blaster head with a different design to the white section, so will have to see if that works
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 05:44 PM

I bought a Bosch around ten years ago and it's still going strong, all I've had to do over the years is to replace the nozzle a couple of times, a great machine and, in spite of the low water pressure around here, still does the business.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-03-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I bought a Bosch around ten years ago and it's still going strong, all I've had to do over the years is to replace the nozzle a couple of times, a great machine and, in spite of the low water pressure around here, still does the business.
Is the lance what is called a dirt blaster that spins cleaning small circles on the slabs?

This is what the karcher K2 does and is crap with that rubbish plastic inside

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top