Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Re: Sugar's Babies

Can I ask UKmartian - have you got any homes lined up for them or will you keep them (or some of them).
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:44 PM

we haven't got anything definite as yet are you after one ?? lol, but we have interest ...we may keep one or two depends on sex and colours..i am trying to get a real chocolate brown male rat..there are also two different types ..if you google rats normal and dumbo types you will see that the ears are positioned differently ...sugar is a normal rat ..patch and monty are dumbo rats ...so we will get a choice of both types ....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
we haven't got anything definite as yet are you after one ?? lol,
I think if I brought a rat home my dog would be after it for her supper UKmartian I understand they make good pets though. I used to keep hamsters as a child and my own children did as well. At one time just about all the children in the village had one of our hamster babies. My daughter was always "putting them together" - had to put a stop to it in the end - we ran out of homes.
I hope things continue to go well with the sugar babies.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 10:58 PM

Yuk hamsters ...no comparison rats are very intelligent ....they very very rarely bite if ever ....they will learn tricks if you want them to ..we had them for 20 years ...only 1 prob with them ..they dont live very long 2 years average ..plus they are prone to respiratory problems and tumours...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2013, 01:25 AM

My ex worked with a rat in his pysch courses at university in the seventies and that's when we discovered how smart they are! He named her Libby. She'd sit on his shoulder, liked to be held and patted, and she learned tricks. He got a good mark in the course and wanted to adopt Libby but it wasn't allowed. I had a pet white mouse as a child and took it everywhere with me, including the local store. The owner didn't mind - today they'd throw you out for sure.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Aww they are so gorgeous, with mum keeping an eye on them
Terribear
New Member!
United States
Terribear is female 

07-05-2013, 03:53 PM

How sweet.
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 01:52 PM

Hi Steve ~ I am pleased to meet another animal lover here, and I have 3 Fancy Rats. Bluebell is a Blue rat, Violet is a grey and white Dumbo rat and finally, Poppy is a Brown hooded rat. They are six months old and not related. Your kits are beautiful, and I have kept rats for the past 19 years now, and I had a litter of 18 at one point. If you take a look at my Profile here, you will see that I rescue animals, mainly Ferrets. Good luck with your brood, and take care!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 05:05 PM

I like animals too but sorry guys, I don't like rats
What made me smile though, was the ad for rat repellent at the top of the page.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

10-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Hi all the babies are growing fast they are 9 days old now ..they are now starting to crawling about , they are trying to wash themselves and will lick our fingers their eyes will open next week ...we seem to have all dark ones and their fur is like silk ..if you look back at the pics you will see the difference .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top