Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 10:47 PM

Re: Sugar's Babies

How sweet they look so soft and velvety now.....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 01:39 AM

Many years ago a nieghbour said she'd seen a rat outside her rabbit hutch and could my ferrets kill it, when I looked I said it's pet rat I can't let them kill someones pet, just then saw another at the door of my shed, thought Blow me they're breeding let my 2 ferrets out (mother & son) son went after the one on my shed door and killed it, his Mum sat at the rabbit cage watching the rabbit and the rat ran off. Turned out MY son had rescued them off his mate, who had hidden them under his bed so parents wouldn't know, and had put them in a cardboard box which they'd chewed through. To make up for it the following week bought MY son a hamster, damn thing bit me and drew blood.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Ha Ha ...you should have kept to rats ....It would be a lie to say they NEVER bite, all animals will bite , but rats will only bite if very distressed , in pain or ill....I have NEVER been bitten by either of my 2 boys or my daughters girls and in 19 years of keeping them only a few nips ....Now hamsters mice gerbils etc will bite for the love of it and i have even heard of ferrets biting....Rats are very intelligent and social animals they love company and being handled ..our kittens (babies) have been handled from 24 hrs. old.. when they eventually go to new homes they will be used to people and if looked after will make perfect pets even for children...even my 3 year old granddaughter plays with my boys and all they do is lick her go back to their cage if they get fed up ..
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 03:50 AM

That little one looks so tiny in your hand! Nice that you can handle them so young and the mother doesn't mind. The fur looks so soft and satiny now.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 12:11 PM

My ferrets were all handled regularly and didn't bite cept for one kit which I'd rehomed and it was brought back cos it bit new owner, who bred ferrets himself but wanting new blood had taken one of mine. The ferret bit me so I bit him back (not too hard on his ear) he didn't do it again. They did used to nibble, but not break the skin when they were playing.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 09:43 PM

They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow they are now starting to crawl out of the nest and their eyes are starting to open and they are learning to wash ...they look strange because their feet are to big for their bodies.when i look back at the photos i realise how fast they have grown
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

15-05-2013, 09:13 PM

2 weeks old their eyes are open and they are starting to run about ...mother is still feeding them but they are trying to feed by licking food ..i have got a picture of 1 baby and the dad ...

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:20 PM

That's a lovely photo of them Steve....
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

20-05-2013, 11:01 PM

This will be the last pictures ..the babies are now 3 weeks old and almost weaned they can now eat by themselves , we can even tell the males from the females ... We got 4 males and 5 females , 4 Dumbo type and 5 normal type (the clue is in the ears) ...I am keeping 1 for myself a male dumbo .....I have decided to call him (Mr) Spock...can you guess why ???

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-05-2013, 11:21 PM

What a difference in three weeks Steve!

A rat isn't a pet that I would like for myself but I have to admit your last two photos show them as very cute! Is that the one you are keeping for yourself?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top