Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:48 AM

Chhouk: The Elephant With a Prosthetic Foot

Chhouk

The Elephant With a Prosthetic Foot

There is hope for Humanity when we see things like this.

In 2007, orphaned baby elephant Chhouk was found wandering alone in the forests of Mondulkiri Province, Cambodia.

Badly emaciated and separated from his mother, this endangered Asian elephant had lost his left front foot due to injuries sustained from a poacher's snare.

Now his lifestyle has improved with the help of a prosthetic foot.

Today, Chhouk is a healthy bull elephant, able to take long walks in the forest, frolic in the pool, and play with his adopted big sister Lucky.

http://tinyurl.com/mb46lck

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:53 AM

Re: Chhouk: The Elephant With a Prosthetic Foot

Brought tears to my eyes - elephants are wonderful animals, such respect for them ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:34 PM

A nice story. I hold the view that in ordinary circumstances most people are good but in exceptional circumstances most people are capable of being bad. Just look at what is happening in Syria !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 03:14 PM

That brought a lump to my throat ..... I would never have thought it possible for an elephant to have a prosthetic foot.

Amazing!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 06:56 PM

A lovely story, Michael.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top