Join for free
Page 237 of 259 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:29 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Have you noticed how the odd word and facemask are creeping into the programme JB? And watch out for the social distancing also...I think Sarah was playing with fire last night, I expected her being pushed into Gary's van and buried in the woods with Rick....
Yes, that's just what Marge and I were saying after last night's episode.
Marge noticed rainbow pictures in windows too which, she assured me, you don't really see now. That indicates the approximate dates on which the show was recorded. Understandable, of course.

Yes, the Gary and Rick matter. One of the more interesting story lines.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:44 PM

Have you noticed how that black "builder" bloke pronounces his words in exactly the same weird manner that Dev does?

Paula Wilcox is a good actress isn't she? And not much changed physically from her Man About the House days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Have you noticed how that black "builder" bloke pronounces his words in exactly the same weird manner that Dev does?

Yes, Marge and I said exactly the same after yesterday's show. It's also the over-acting. Both he and Dev do it. They over-stress some of the words, just as if they have been taught to do that like actors on the stage did before the days of microphones.

To me it simply sounds amateurish.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:41 PM

the builder is such a poor actor he needs to be replaced. The rest of the family are ok but his acting leaves me cringing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-08-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
the builder is such a poor actor he needs to be replaced. The rest of the family are ok but his acting leaves me cringing.
That family, along with certain others, are simply 'fillers' to pad out the show.

In addition, of course, they fulfil the need for an 'appropriate' number of 'minorities'.
Actually, go to any street in the middle of Salford (on which the show is based) and I very much doubt that you'll find such a 'representative' range of such varied cultures and sexual proclivities!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:20 PM

Val was reading in the on-line version of a newspaper last night that Corrie is returning to 6 episodes/week in September. I can't wait 3/week is more than enough.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That family, along with certain others, are simply 'fillers' to pad out the show.

In addition, of course, they fulfil the need for an 'appropriate' number of 'minorities'.
Actually, go to any street in the middle of Salford (on which the show is based) and I very much doubt that you'll find such a 'representative' range of such varied cultures and sexual proclivities!
From actress who played Mavis.

Thelma said: “They had so many more episodes to do and instead of taking it more slowly and filling the gaps they got more and more storylines and more and more characters and you just got confused.

"I think it was Helen [Worth, who plays Gail Platt] I was talking to or somebody and I said there were only about 25 in the cast when I joined but now there are like 50, 60 or 70."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsm...ap/ar-BB15ZCaY
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Lorna Laidlaw, who plays Aggie, was in daytime soap Doctors, playing the practice manager. She was so good she even had her own FB page as a cult following (yes, I also joined it). I loved her role in Doctors, but can't say the same for Corrie.

I do agree with you about his way of talking, and wonder about the whole family. Why are they there?

And Maria in the hospital, with the mask on, that she took off when Gary woke up. Eh?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-08-2020, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
From actress who played Mavis.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsm...ap/ar-BB15ZCaY
Yes, Thelma was perfectly correct.

"Too many actors now to keep track of all of their lives" - Exactly.

And I thought it was just me and my failing memory.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-08-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I do agree with you about his way of talking, and wonder about the whole family. Why are they there?
I agree. What exactly do they contribute to the show, other than boring inconsequential storylines.
I think it must be the queer footballer!

Page 237 of 259 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top