Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 07:22 PM

Flu jabs - do you get them?

Do you take advantage of the yearly flu jab?

My OH and I have one every year but notification of it appears to be late this time
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Re: Flu jabs - do you get them?

Hubby has one every year, I don't....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Do you take advantage of the yearly flu jab?

My OH and I have one every year but notification of it appears to be late this time
We have one every year as well but I don't know what they're going to do about them this year with the H1N1 Influenza A virus still floating around. Aren't they doing a vaccine that covers that as well as ordinary flu? I'm not sure what's gonna happen this year. I don't think anyone is interested in having the joint flu vaccine, people seem a bit worried about it. I'm not sure if I want it as I don't think it's been tested It's difficult to know what to do isnt it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Have never had a flu jab but seriously considering it this year-the only thing that puts me off is my sister had one last year and had a bad reaction to it. Did enquire about it last year but they had run out and by the time they had more vaccines in I decided it was too late.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Have never had a flu jab but seriously considering it this year-the only thing that puts me off is my sister had one last year and had a bad reaction to it. Did enquire about it last year but they had run out and by the time they had more vaccines in I decided it was too late.
You're sister isn't allergic to eggs is she Merz?

Some people do experience a slight temperature and aching muscles for a few days after the injection but usually it's nothing serious.

This may interest you if you are considering having the flu jab for the first time.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You're sister isn't allergic to eggs is she Merz?

Some people do experience a slight temperature and aching muscles for a few days after the injection but usually it's nothing serious.

This may interest you if you are considering having the flu jab for the first time.
Thanks for that Mags-interesting reading. Thinking about my sister I don't know if she is allergic to eggs and never heard her mention eating eggs at anytime so maybe she has got an allergy to them. Will be speaking to her on Friday so will ask her.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:05 PM

Noooooo, I would never ever volunteer for anything that involves sticking a needle in you
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:21 PM

We're always offered flu jads at school, but I've never had one. I'm scared to tempt fate by saying this, but I don't think I've ever had flu, just a few bad colds.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:34 PM

I never have them. Afraid of needles, rely on herd immunity!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

15-09-2009, 10:45 PM

If you have a decent nurse giving the injection you hardly feel a thing ...... just a slight scratch feeling.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top