Join for free
Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 04:18 PM

Re: One of the greatest mysteries

No problem here BM, you can believe anything you want, but please afford us sceptics the same courtesy.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:24 PM

No problem , Barry. Now that I know how you think, I'll not try to explain the academic disciple of Egyptology to you.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:33 PM

How many "big things" were built, and over what timeframe?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
No problem , Barry. Now that I know how you think, I'll not try to explain the academic disciple of Egyptology to you.
Many thanks for that Bakerman, many thanks....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
It’s not the kidnapping that concerns me mate, it’s the anal probe that worries me.
They aren't too bad - had a colonoscopy a few months back, never felt a thing.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:49 PM

When I visited Egypt many years ago, the main Pyramid was closed to visitors, but I did manage to go inside the smaller one next to it. The shaft leading down into the pyramid was quite steep, and you had to bend really low to walk down it. The blocks in the main hall were so precisely cut and fitted together, I bet you couldn't get a playing card between them. Marvellous engineering.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
When I visited Egypt many years ago, the main Pyramid was closed to visitors, but I did manage to go inside the smaller one next to it. The shaft leading down into the pyramid was quite steep, and you had to bend really low to walk down it. The blocks in the main hall were so precisely cut and fitted together, I bet you couldn't get a playing card between them. Marvellous engineering.
I can imgine how rubbing two abrasive surfaces together would lead to them eventually marrying together. That would do it, apart from the somewhat obvious problem that these are mightily big stones.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aliens! That's the answer.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I can imgine how rubbing two abrasive surfaces together would lead to them eventually marrying together. That would do it, apart from the somewhat obvious problem that these are mightily big stones.
Or machining them Dex....
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 07:09 PM

Enough of the pyramids. No-One knows how they were built. Everyone has a theory but nothing concrete (Did I mention concrete?) It would have been a lot easier than humping those great stones uphill. Talking of stones, I live not too far from Stonehenge. Now all you clever people how was that built and how and why did they bring stones from Wales all that way to Salisbury Plain?

Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top