Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 03:37 PM

Weird Weather

In my garden, I have roses in bloom, some of the violas are out, also some of the pinks and a few others - in December! The day before yesterday, the temperature had been between 10 and 12 degrees then suddenly plummeted to 5 degrees and we were hit by gale force winds and yesterday, intermittent hail storms (made walking on the pavements and my drive treacherous). No boat sailings for a couple of days until the sea calms down again so our shops will be a bit light on stock too.

Ambulances blazing out to road accidents (I suspect mainly from falling trees)

One of our police managing an incident which is commonplace here during these very high winds. The high winds themselves aren't what I consider weird (as we often get these near gale force winds) - it's the flowers in bloom in December!

Anyone else having that happen near them?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Re: Weird Weather

I still got a few roses and several geraniums in flower and some hydrageas are still pink! I've also noticed catkins and holly flowers when out with the dog!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 09:28 PM

Foxglove, poppy,Alstromeria, crocosmia(montbrecia) and roses in flower.
Also all the mahonias have been in flower around here for ages which usually flower late Dec/Jan
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Truly weird! I put some washing out today, when I got it back in this afto the sun was quite warm......washing wasn't dry though.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 10:08 PM

It was unusually warm here today, now it's freezing. Methinks the end is nigh, so I'd better finish off the bottle of port before it's too late.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 11:48 PM

So it isn't just here then that it's happening. Mind you, it's nice to see some colour in the garden at this time of year isn't it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top