Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 04:53 PM

Near Human Robots

There is a new breed of robot that is being tested out for use with the public in Japan and has been used in hospitals to guage public reaction (which, apparently, has gone down quite well).

This footage is of the new robot learning facial reactions and verbal reactions (they also have male ones). They are linked (remotely) to the WWW for information.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about being 'nursed' by one of these but that could just be an age thing.

How would you feel about this?

My first attempt at a youtube link - fingers crossed!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 05:01 PM

Re: Near Human Robots

Just found this one where they are used for dental training (as patients though) - amazing!

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 05:56 PM

It is just fantastic !
I love the idea .... There could be real efficiency with this ....
Unfortunately, couldn't get the sound to work but well done !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Very interesting Karen.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:37 PM

As they get better at building these, what will become of us? I remember watching old Tommorows World programmes predicting we would all be lolling about enjoying endless lesiure.

Im sure there will be benefits as well as deficits to us.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:39 PM

Great idea that, yer woman in the chair reminds me of a politician being interviewed by Jeremy Paxman.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Great idea that, yer woman in the chair reminds me of a politician being interviewed by Jeremy Paxman.
How true - 'Question Time' !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:58 PM

It's just a thing with me Patsy, every time I see or hear of Robots I immediately think of politicians, but getting back to the real thing, the Robot, I think it's great to see one that looks very pretty and not a bit like a Dalek or those other heaps of junk we are used to looking at, and she's not 'Westernised' in any way.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Incredible !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It's just a thing with me Patsy, every time I see or hear of Robots I immediately think of politicians, but getting back to the real thing, the Robot, I think it's great to see one that looks very pretty and not a bit like a Dalek or those other heaps of junk we are used to looking at, and she's not 'Westernised' in any way.
Know what ya mean Jem - and, theres no resemblance to Michael Rennie either Remember 'im !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top