Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Re: Global warming - irrefutable

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly there are plenty of experts out there that refute what that report says.
Who? Any of them know anything about climate science? What are their qualifications to be an expert on this subject?

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:57 PM

Yeah - cracking vid that .

Julie where are you?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 01:02 PM

Trying to control a chewy pup no time to watch vids
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 05:58 PM

So Mark what do you do personally to ofset what you believe is global warming ?

Posting links to what you believe does not make it true.

Climate change and Global warming are facts backed by centuries of evidence, El Nino and La Nino have been documented for centuries, Ice Ages and Warmer conditions likewise, im not arguing they dont exist. However do you ever question the information given out, and the agendas behind it.

Im not a scientist, but have been documenting changes to wildlife for decades, and doing my bit of environmental work to maintain and halt some of the changes that affect my county. Ive seen species disappear and others start to colonize my area.

If our climate changes so much it decimates humankind, well time will address the situation, and perhaps that will be a change for the better.

Insulting other members belittles you, i have an opinion as have you accept that yours is just as important as theirs.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 06:31 PM

Climate change is irrefutable. Anthropogenic (man-made) climate change is very questionable. The problem is, "global warming" has become a religion and anyone who challenges it is a heretic. The whole thing seems like a scam to further impoverish the minority while enriching the minority through dodgy "carbon trading" schemes etc.
As someone said above, overpopulation is a much greater threat to humanity than global warming but it is the elephant in the room which must not be mentioned.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So Mark what do you do personally to ofset what you believe is global warming ?

Posting links to what you believe does not make it true.

Climate change and Global warming are facts backed by centuries of evidence, El Nino and La Nino have been documented for centuries, Ice Ages and Warmer conditions likewise, im not arguing they dont exist. However do you ever question the information given out, and the agendas behind it.

Im not a scientist, but have been documenting changes to wildlife for decades, and doing my bit of environmental work to maintain and halt some of the changes that affect my county. Ive seen species disappear and others start to colonize my area.

If our climate changes so much it decimates humankind, well time will address the situation, and perhaps that will be a change for the better.

Insulting other members belittles you, i have an opinion as have you accept that yours is just as important as theirs.
Time will indeed tell. What can be done about it? Not a lot as far as I can tell, except defence against the onslaught. Still I hope some pay attention to the possibility that change is a coming, but knowing how we behave I can't see us changing our ways.

As for belittling other members of this forum, well I get the impression that I sometimes post links and they don't even bother reading the page I link too but still give an opinion, making the opinion half arsed and even flippant. I read what real experts profess after painstaking investigation and in this instance it is pretty conclusive.

Do I care much really? Nah, not really, I am more interested in how people's minds work and some just annoy me. Being obtuse is a bloody ailment in my books.

But, yes I'm in the wrong and I will learn from it for sure.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top