Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 04:54 AM

Why Do We Have Hair?

If we are evolved from apes, why is it man evolved into having hair only on certain areas? The head of course where the most is (women included certainly), the armpits (what was the point of that?), the tops of toes, legs, arms but usually more on the calves & shin areas or the forearm area. Also eyebrows (is it to help shield the sun from the eyes?

Who has these answers ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 06:20 AM

Re: Why Do We Have Hair?

Its a good question gal - but its too early to answer, I'll think on it ....
Shouldn't they be the ones speaking too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:20 AM

........because if we didn't have hair all barbers and hair stylists would be out of work! ..........and there would be no Brazilians !
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:25 AM

I read a while back that we have eyebrows to keep the moisture out of our eyes when sweating or when in the rain.
I still get them both in my eyes though. Maybe they have to be real thick, lush eyebrows!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:29 AM

Yes Alan, the knock on effect being folks who not have other folks to tell where they going on holiday.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:31 AM

Just to make my ears and nose more attractive.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I read a while back that we have eyebrows to keep the moisture out of our eyes when sweating or when in the rain.
I still get them both in my eyes though. Maybe they have to be real thick, lush eyebrows!
What, like Denis Healey?.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
........because if we didn't have hair all barbers and hair stylists would be out of work! ..........and there would be no Brazilians !
No need to get hairiated about it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-06-2014, 07:44 AM

When all the creatures were sent to this Planet, the Dispatcher did not know exactly what the conditions said creatures would encounter, so different versions of the same were sent, hence we have Hairy Apes, and less Hairy Apes. It was not as warm as expected, so the hairy idle arse version did nowt but laze about, nicely insulated by their natural fur coat, the less hairy version had to make clothing to keep warm, this involved building Mills and Machinery, and an Industrial Revolution ensued the rest is history.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2014, 08:39 AM

Spittie .....
Autumn - I remember now, I asked me Hubs years back - if we 'are' descended from Apes - how come there are still apes !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top