Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 08:40 AM

Re: Why Do We Have Hair?

Not quite how we learned it in school, Spitfire, but I think I prefer your verson !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Spittie .....
Autumn - I remember now, I asked me Hubs years back - if we are descended from Apes - how come there are still apes !
Good question !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 08:53 AM

When I had chemo and lost my hair I became very aware why we have hair ! Hair actually keep you warm and cools you down. Also protects you from stuff - hair in your nose stops so much pollutants and pollen getting to you.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 10:46 AM

I think hair is a fascinating subject, only the other day I read that one solitary particle of DNA decides whether one will be blonde of dark haired. Every hair is hollow and 'bleeds' when cut. We talked about this subject a few years ago here and someone said that if you pull a hair out by the roots it will not grow again, I beg to differ, when my nostril hair needs removing I yank it out with a pointed pliers but it still grows back every time, albeit a lot slower, cutting it with those electric clippers is a waste of time, it only makes the hair stronger.
Why do we need it? I haven't a clue AC, but I'd miss mine it if it were gone.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 11:39 AM

The reason we survived the Ice Age was because the hair on our bodies. Plus we used furs which is the hair of other creatures.
The eye brows are as mentioned to stop the water running down our head
and into the eyes. Denis Healey probably wont have the problem unlike
people who pluck theirs. When the apes decided to go their separate ways
the Erectus walked amongst us they went to warmer climes and didn't need all the thickness of hair. Everything on your body has hair whether you can see it or not. The only places no hair exists is the soles of the feet and the palms of your hands.
Unfortunately it is somehow still frowned upon if you are bald and especially for women a stigma exists. This is something people cant help and its a good job there are some great Wigs around
Queen Elizabeth1 was bald and wore a wig and she got on well in life.
Then there is Vin Diesel so say no more.
Autumn eventually we probably wont have any hair man or woman with global warming you wont need any.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Spittie .....
Autumn - I remember now, I asked me Hubs years back - if we are descended from Apes - how come there are still apes !
I wondered that too, maybe those ones skipped school a lot & turned remedial
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 01:33 PM

Do men grow beards to protect them from being punched?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Do men grow beards to protect them from being punched?
No it gives them something to lightly pull on & rub when they're pretending to be pondering something

I don't think anybody really knows the real answers even though these ones have been entertaining (well maybe the case about eyebrows)
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 09:15 AM

I was taught years ago that air only grows on weak parts of the body, think about it and it seems about right.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote from Autumn Colour: No it gives them something to lightly pull on & rub when they're pretending to be pondering something .

Ooooo, I like a man who ponders!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top