Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Re: Do YOU Argue Over Your Heating Temp?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

When I was married the boss used to drive me mad with constantly fiddling with the thermostats in different rooms.

The temperature was up and down like a yoyo.

Simple solution, I disconnected them and put a master one in the fish tank stand, the one place she never went.

She was happy,fiddling away with the stats, I was happy, a nice constant temperature and life went on.

She never cottoned on.
Well done you Swim, but that must have been a pretty 'thick' boss you had!

countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 08:19 PM

No, I just get up and turn the dial down.
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:10 PM

I tend to be more hot blooded than hubby, but we both find the central heating plays havoc with our sinus's so we only put the heating on as and when its needed for an hour. Our home is a warm home and luckily doesn't need much heating.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 11:17 PM

I am by myself, so please myself. Don't think when hubby was alive we argued over the heat.
I put mine on in a morning when I get up and switch it off when its too warm.
My stairs go up out of the lounge, and I have lived in this house for 20 years now, and the only rads that are on upstairs is one on the landing and one in the bathroom. Never had rads on in the bedrooms in 20 years. The house seems good at holding the heat as well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top