Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 05:09 PM

drinking & driving ........

why do we only here of this come xmas time -when its happening everyday with drunk drivers at the wheel .. yes xmas is more so - but dont you think we should see more adverts on tv to keep peoples minds alert ..when out for a drink .. people think one more drink wont hurt .. but it does
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 05:23 PM

Re: drinking & driving ........

Very true toffee☺
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 05:41 PM

I like a drink meself Toffee but I never drive, never wanted to drive. I can not abide with anyone who drinks and drives at anytime of the year, it's one or the other, make up your minds, I've seen so many tragedies over the years and to think that folks still get behind the wheel with drink on them is inexcusable to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
why do we only here of this come xmas time -when its happening everyday with drunk drivers at the wheel .. yes xmas is more so - but dont you think we should see more adverts on tv to keep peoples minds alert ..when out for a drink .. people think one more drink wont hurt .. but it does
I think it is because there are so many parties at this time of year Toffee.

There have been some dreadful drink related accidents here in the last couple of weeks and the other day a woman was arrested for failing the test on her way to pick up her children from school.
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 05:55 PM

Totally agree Maddy, there should be a continuing series of advertisements The numbers of deaths could be down but then there are probably far more injuries than deaths & those are often life changing too. Where I live breathalysing in the morning is carried out every day leading up to & through the holiday period
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 06:19 PM

Its shocking to even think that people still arnt getting the message...but with drink drivers add to that mobile fones and texting at the wheel too a lethal combination surely in anyones book!!
Keep safe people there are dangerous and reckless drivers everywhere and anytime ....I know from bitter experience as lost someone very loved to a reckless driver.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 07:41 PM

Anyone who drinks and drives in 2015 is truly a terrible person. It has always been "wrong" but to do it with all the information out there today is just mentally insane.

I will admit that in the early 1970s I wouldn't really think much about it as it wasn't widely known back then. Fortunately I never had an accident but thinking back I feel awful as I'm sure on occasion I had drank almost a full bottle of wine and went out in the car. These days you wouldn't even consider driving after one glass, and rightly so.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 07:47 PM

Well anyone coming to Spain for holiday next year beware, from 1st January 2016 it will be zero tolerance for drinking and driving. Quite right too in my opinion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Anyone who drinks and drives in 2015 is truly a terrible person. It has always been "wrong" but to do it with all the information out there today is just mentally insane.

I had a nasty reminder some years ago when someone I knew (an alcoholic) drove into some railings at the side of the road.
The railings enter the car and almost severed her left arm at the shoulder, a few inches more to the right and they would have penetrated her heart .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 08:23 PM

I am afraid I have no sympathy at all for DUI, if they kill themselves so what.
Just think of all the danger they put in the way of normal motorist"s.
This sounds a bit harsh , but if caught they should be banned for life, no if"s or buts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top