Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:43 PM

bye bye -come back soon !

dont you just love the peace now -the kids have gone -married moved on etc .....i remember when they left 'i was thinking i must do this or that -and why? just looking to fill the gap i suppose ' both mine left early had their places -and come back one by one ' arrrgh all that washing feeding -when it was so easy , but both married now 'i don't miss them now in that way #love the non worrying where they could be 'and lock up properly ...peace is bliss ' and now they will have it to come one day .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:50 PM

Re: bye bye -come back soon !

They will have all that worry and stress to come - and then 'understand' their parents
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:52 PM

One of mine never left, still here at 49. To be fair he probably couldn't cope with living on his own, he was classed as educationally sub normal at 6 years old. He has improved a lot over the years, passed a motorcycle & car driving test, but is still very young, works as a cleaner for a very low wage, is useless at finacial matters & certainly doesn't earn enough to rent a flat or home. He is also diabetic, but manages that ok.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:52 PM

I agree Maddy I love the freedom of no one depending on me after a lifetime of caring for others.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:53 PM

Mine haven't, yet.
Tbh I like havin my son live with me, wish my daughter did though we go shopping or for a bite to eat a couple of times a week.

We really enjoy eachothers company and I'd miss it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:54 PM

Enjoy your peace Maddy.
My two got married but they didn't move too far away, they're too smart for that. But we adore the grandkids and they're here nearly everyday, never a dull moment, thank God.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Our daughters, now in their 40s, left home the day they started university. Obviously they would pop in and say, 'Hi' during the holidays, but more often than not they were off on trips with friends etc. They found jobs on leaving uni, all some distance away from where we lived, so we only saw them occasionally. The youngest girl's first job was at Granada Studios, which was quite interesting, she certainly had some tales to tell about the actors and actresses she met!

Our youngest adopted son, who has Down's Syndrome, moved out when he was 25, into a super care home where he is very happy.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
One of mine never left, still here at 49. To be fair he probably couldn't cope with living on his own, he was classed as educationally sub normal at 6 years old. He has improved a lot over the years, passed a motorcycle & car driving test, but is still very young, works as a cleaner for a very low wage, is useless at finacial matters & certainly doesn't earn enough to rent a flat or home. He is also diabetic, but manages that ok.
Sorry to hear about your son Tiff ..but really pleased that he is getting along well though.....bit similar with my oldest son here ,mine has aspergers syndrome but very mildly and he also has shizophrenia so doesnt work ,he wont be capable of living alone but hes a very happy lad and helps out with everything around the house and garden
My younger son still lives at home too and only when hes ready (if ever) will he leave home ....its extremely difficult to find a place to afford to rent.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Sorry to hear about your son Tiff ..but really pleased that he is getting along well though.....bit similar with my oldest son here ,mine has aspergers syndrome but very mildly and he also has shizophrenia so doesnt work ,he wont be capable of living alone but hes a very happy lad and helps out with everything around the house and garden
My younger son still lives at home too and only when hes ready (if ever) will he leave home ....its extremely difficult to find a place to afford to rent.
Our Son is very useful too, he helps me care for his Dad who is disabled & does housework & takes me to places I need to go, all when he isn't working that is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 05:02 PM

Still got an 8 year at the end of March girl here anyone wants a chaotic few days Must say first day back at school was peaceful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top