Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 06:24 PM

Re: bye bye -come back soon !

I have one twenty nine year old daughter, she lives with me. She has a good job in the NHS and has no intention of moving out.

I enjoy her company so much, we go out together and holiday together. If the day ever comes that she leaves, I'd miss her so much.

She was chatting to a patient recently and he said to her, your mother has a lovely daughter, I can't tell you how much I agree with him.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 07:39 PM

my youngest daughter who is 23 lives with us and her boyfriend so still a busy household, my eldest lives in a rented flat more in London but i have to say my house would be very tidy if the youngest moved out but i know i would miss her company
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 08:29 PM

I don't know what you're all moaning about. My life is very peaceful indeed; a peace only broken by the sound of our cat demanding food.

Kids? Pooh, who needs 'em?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Our situation is similar to Jem's. Our two children left home, went to university, lived in various places and had various relationships - eventually they both came back to their home town and settled down (sort of). We now have four grand children. My son is still married, but my daughter's marriage broke down and she was left with two young boys. These days, both my son and daughter live within easy walking distance from us - they are both financially independent and have mortgages. We see both families just about daily and our childcare duties are quite considerable. My food shopping has not diminished since they lived at home (in fact it is probably more expensive) and we have an open-house situation. Some days I feel taken for granted, but I would rather have things as they are than not to see them very often. All in all our house is still a very lively place and even though I get tired more easily these days I wouldn't have it any other way. Our home is their home.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 09:51 AM

My sister's four sons have had revolving door syndrome, they leave home for a while and then are back with Mum and Dad again. They all have well paid careers though.

I suspect boys are more likely to live at home for longer than girls.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top