Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Coming out in their true colours

Both Farage and a member of the 'nasty party' displayed their narrow minded, bigoted, racist selves!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...s-in-diversity
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:03 AM

Re: Coming out in their true colours

Now you know very well that purple pants and his oppo's are not racist, just don't like foreigners!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Now you know very well that purple pants and his oppo's are not racist, just don't like foreigners!
What rot.

If anyone's showing their uninformed bias, it's you.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What rot.

If anyone's showing their uninformed bias, it's you.
By tour own signature, you don't even like your neighbours.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:05 PM

It's hardly racist to point out that uncontrolled immigration has been a disaster for this country. It's not new either that Labour fostered this as a deliberate policy thinking they would benefit from lots more potential Labour voters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
By tour own signature, you don't even like your neighbours.
You misunderstand. I don't dislike them; I feel sorry for their misfortune at not being born in Yorkshire and am here to help them to come to terms with their situation.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It's hardly racist to point out that uncontrolled immigration has been a disaster for this country. It's not new either that Labour fostered this as a deliberate policy thinking they would benefit from lots more potential Labour voters.
Quote from the Guardian article link in the OP

He (John McDonnell, Labour shadow chancellor) quoted HMRC figures that showed migrants paid in £3bn but took just £0.5bn in tax credits and child benefit. “Our economy has always been dependent on migrant labour but we export labour as well,” he says.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-05-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Quote from the Guardian article link in the OP

He (John McDonnell, Labour shadow chancellor) quoted HMRC figures that showed migrants paid in £3bn but took just £0.5bn in tax credits and child benefit. “Our economy has always been dependent on migrant labour but we export labour as well,” he says.
But he's a politician, and the Grauniad is a lefty-liberal rag.

Enough said!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:53 PM

These figures may be taken on people coming from the EU .
But there are many migrants from outside the EU who are takers rather than contributors .

Meanwhile the Economic Journal, said the non-EEA group – largely made up of immigration from countries such as India, Pakistan and African Commonwealth countries – contributed less because families tended to have more children and lower employment rates.
"Immigrants from non-EEA countries ... contribute less than they receive,” the 50-page study concluded.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Both Farage and a member of the 'nasty party' displayed their narrow minded, bigoted, racist selves!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...s-in-diversity
I think the idiot in this particular conversation was the odious Mandelson. I have serious misgivings about immigration, but that does not mean I dislike immigrants - almost all of my neighbours are immigrants and we get on extremely well. Similarly, I am opposed to the government of Israel, but I don't dislike Jewish people. Indeed, I absolutely hate the current British government, but that doesn't mean I hate British people - after all, I am one! I despised the Thatcher woman, but that doesn't mean I dislike women. Simplistic and stupid attacks like those made by Mandelson against Farage are typical of the dumbing down and choking of political debate by those who espouse identity politics.
If you want to discuss immigration, discuss immigration - don't attack someone as racist just for mentioning the word. Incidentally, my Pakistani origin next door neighbour is a UKIP voter because he feels mass immigration is damaging the country. As a builder he is in danger of going broke as he cannot compete with the prices of Eastern European immigrants who now dominate the building trade. Does that make him a racist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top