Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Boris

Hi

I used to have a sneaking regard for him.

Unconventional , told it how it was , a great manager, delivered the Olympics on time and on budget.

Unfortunately he has now lost the plot.

A sign of ambition maybe?

It seems to get them all at the end.

The problem with Boris is really quite simple.

He has been telling Porkies.

We do not send £350 million a week to the EU.

It never leaves the UK, we have our rebate and the money we get back.

It still costs us a mint, £8.6 Billion a year.

If we played the game, it would be a fraction of that.

We don't, so we are the idiots.

The next problem with Boris is this.

He has likened the EU to Hitler.

The UK had a great deal of sympathy within the EU, they could see where we we came from and welcomed it.

More than half of the EU Members were on our side, absolutely no time for France, Germany and Luxembourg running it for their own benefit.

Boris comparing it to Hitler has totally racked them off.

The vast majority of EU Countries suffered greatly under Hitler, we didn't, he never invaded us, we never lived under that reign of terror.

They don't forget that lightly and they don't take that lightly.

They are absolutely fuming, not only the Politicians, but also the Men in Suits.

I am a Man in a Suit, I also object to being called a Nazi.

I can see where they are coming from.

It does not matter whether we leave the EU or we stay in it.

The lines are now drawn and in or out, the UK will get a kicking as long as Boris is around.

Boris is now a liability, and he will cost us Billions.

Strangely enough, they don't think the same way about Farange.

They don't like him a lot, but apart from the Germans and the French, they understand where he is coming from.

They would also dearly love the EU to swan off and stop interfering and just go back to being a free trade area.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Re: Boris

i too DID have a "sneaking regard" for him but after reading what you put not any more and trouble is hes now Tory MP for our area so he is seen quite a bit in Uxbridge and Ruislip
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 12:49 PM

I have always considered Boris a buffoon, but then again not living in London I have not seen the results of two years as Mayor, so I may be mistaken.

The thing that strikes me regarding this episode is that everyone seems to have pounced on the use of Hitler, but did he not also mention Napolean in the same sentence which didn't seem to bother anyone? It appears to me that the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion by the opposite camp just to discredit him, by removing all context in which he spoke and trying to imply a slight against the whole of the german nation, which in fact was not the case as I percieved it when listening to his speech.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
i too DID have a "sneaking regard" for him but after reading what you put not any more and trouble is hes now Tory MP for our area so he is seen quite a bit in Uxbridge and Ruislip
I still have regards for Boris , why have a change of mind after reading what SWimfeeder has put , thats just his view , .

And Swimfeeder you put we didnt suffer under Hitler ,,

quote SwimfeederThe vast majority of EU Countries suffered greatly under Hitler, we didn't, he never invaded us, we never lived under that reign of terror.''end quote ..

of course England suffered , all the dead and wounded that came back was that not suffering ..

of course we lived under his reign of terror

The Bombs that landed on England and killed was that not suffering and Terror ..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 01:06 PM

Boris is on the way to committing political suicide by mentioning Hitler. Look at the backlash to Livingstone when he mentioned him. However the context ANY politician needs to keep well clear of the word 'Hitler' in this day and age. As far as Boris is concerned it shows a lack of common sense and will haunt him for evermore I should think.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 01:22 PM

A 'nasty party' member is a 'nasty party' member and I have nothing but contempt and disgust for all of them!!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Now, now Joe, behave yourself, you will upset all the little Tory boys!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 01:28 PM

A privileged buffon, who avoids answering direct questions and waffles away hoping to get away with it. Listening to his phone ins on LBC is a true indication of what he is, and im sure he has always had an eye on Camerons job.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A 'nasty party' member is a 'nasty party' member and I have nothing but contempt and disgust for all of them!!!
Do you like all members of the Communist Party UJ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I still have regards for Boris , why have a change of mind after reading what SWimfeeder has put , thats just his view , .

And Swimfeeder you put we didnt suffer under Hitler ,,

quote SwimfeederThe vast majority of EU Countries suffered greatly under Hitler, we didn't, he never invaded us, we never lived under that reign of terror.''end quote ..

of course England suffered , all the dead and wounded that came back was that not suffering ..

of course we lived under his reign of terror

The Bombs that landed on England and killed was that not suffering and Terror ..
Hi

There is a world of difference between being bombed and and having the knock on the door and being taken away and gassed to death, especially if it a baby or a toddler.

The difference is not forgotten by many who lived under that rule.

I would not be alive, never even conceived, simply because my Dad would have been killed by them.

To be accused of being a Hitler is not something that I, or any other Enforcement Officer welcomes.

I can totally understand their position.

I would be out to get him as well.

We need to get out of the EU ASAP, getting out and committing suicide at the same time is not a good idea.

Tone down the language, leave on the best possible terms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top