Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 08:37 AM

Something we already suspected.

Now it has been proved by academic study, that the 'nasty party's' tactic of 'sanctioning' benefit claimants in order to 'encourage' them to seek work, in fact acts as a disincentive and is yet again an example of just how nasty, the 'nasty party' truly are. Some of us already knew, without the benefit of academic study that this would be the result of the 'nasty party's' policy.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...-report-claims
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:10 AM

Re: Something we already suspected.

I never could work out how punishing people for being sick disabled or unable to find a job was supposed to help them get work.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Hi

There are obviously faults with the current system, however it cannot be right, or fair, to continue paying Benefits to those who can get a job but do not.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:34 AM

We do seem to have got into the situation where paying people benefits from the public purse has got well out of hand.
Hence the austerity measures.
Whoever gets to be in charge of the country will have to balance the books and each will have to make up the shortcomings from somewhere, it's just a question of where.
Answers on a postcard to D Cameron, who seems to be well out of his depth recently.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:36 AM

There were and always will be people cheating the system the austerity has just affected the truthful, honest claimants which can't be right surely.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We do seem to have got into the situation where paying people benefits from the public purse has got well out of hand.
Hence the austerity measures.
Whoever gets to be in charge of the country will have to balance the books and each will have to make up the shortcomings from somewhere, it's just a question of where.
Answers on a postcard to D Cameron, who seems to be well out of his depth recently.

How about tackling the problem from the other end and screw down on those who 'fiddle' their taxes, but we all know why Cameron and the 'nasty party' won't do that don't we???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about tackling the problem from the other end and screw down on those who 'fiddle' their taxes, but we all know why Cameron and the 'nasty party' won't do that don't we???
Hi

The problem should be tackled from both ends, not just one.

Tax Avoidance is being addressed, HMRC are collecting more tax, not anywhere near enough, but a start has been made.

I am a one man boycott of Google, Amazon and Starbucks, it won't do any good, but it makes me feel better.

There is a limit that can be done until International Law is changed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Anybody who takes money from the government when it is for their own benefit , rather than because they need to do it, is a cheat. It is no different than people begging when they have no real need to beg.
I agree with Swim that both ends need dealing with, because then there will be more funds for people in genuine need.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:45 AM

I've known a few 'cheats' over the years.
Disability and in particular, mentality disability have to be the hardest claimants to adequately and fairly assess.

My own sister fiddled it for a year on mental disability. It's not hard ..or it didn't used to be.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've known a few 'cheats' over the years.
Disability and in particular, mentality disability have to be the hardest claimants to adequately and fairly assess.

My own sister fiddled it for a year on mental disability. It's not hard ..or it didn't used to be.
I agree Morty and I think it is still easy to do. It seems to me that everybody who has something go wrong in their life can justify it with some mental trauma they have been through. Many of us have experienced mental traumas, but it doesn't make us unfit to work, we just learn how to adjust.
With physical disability I blame the doctors because most will not say " You can work" for fear of being wrong and then sued . I have great sympathy with genuinely disabled people but I am sure there are a good percentage,claiming benefits, when they don't need to.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top