Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:22 PM

Re: Something we already suspected.

Some of the problems though is lack of appropriate work, personally I am now faced with possibility I have to give up work because my work is physical, I could easily do an office type job but who when someone has done physical labour all their lives will give a person that chance ? Retraining is great idea but still faced with someone with experience and someone without I would lose out. Just using myself as an example but I am sure there are loads of people out there like me.

I am not able to claim anything so will only be a drain on my family not wider society but I can see why people get stuck on benefit. Fit enough to work but no one will employ them.

Anyone have the answer ? Because taking their benefit away won't make them get a suitable job really will it .......
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about tackling the problem from the other end and screw down on those who 'fiddle' their taxes, but we all know why Cameron and the 'nasty party' won't do that don't we???
No more than the 'Lying Left' fiddle their taxes and revel in backhanders. Has that criminal Blair been put in jail yet? Surely only a matter of time . . . tick tock

Thank goodness those war mongering and irresponsible loons are not in power any more !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No more than the 'Lying Left' fiddle their taxes and revel in backhanders. Has that criminal Blair been put in jail yet? Surely only a matter of time . . . tick tock

Thank goodness those war mongering and irresponsible loons are not in power any more !
Indeed a sign of relief went round when Tony's reign ended. And yes he needs to face a court, doesn't make what others do any less wrong though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about tackling the problem from the other end and screw down on those who 'fiddle' their taxes, but we all know why Cameron and the 'nasty party' won't do that don't we???
And let's not forget greedy Labour party union officials who take money from the mouths of widows and children to pay their Mortgages in a story you failed to notice and report on in your daily trawl through the press for 'wrong doers'.
Funny that the story made all the main press not sure how you missed it...

The mortgage was from the benevolent fund of the National Union of Mineworkers in Northumberland.
Mr Lavery was the general secretary of that union from 1992 to 2010, and also faces questions about redundancy money he received when he left.
He says the mortgage was a "private" matter and denies any impropriety.
In total Ian Lavery faces questions about £250,000 of payments the union's books suggest he received from the NUM, Northumberland Area during his period there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36046675
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Shouldn't the more right wing members be seeking their threads ? Can't rely on one member to cover all sides of every story surely ? Or has forum now got new rules and we have to seek stories showing all sides of each story ? I await the pro Muslim stories poring in from some members will pop off and look for pro Eu stories myself if that is the new rules.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:46 PM

I remember one parent in particular at the school where I taught made a handsome profit out of benefit claims. He was very clever in that respect and knew all the 'ins and outs' and loopholes, and this had been going on for years. This was before the more recent clampdowns, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that he is still playing the system.

Personally, I can see no problem with checking out all claimants, whether guilty or innocent. How else would you find out which of those two they are?

It is my contention that if one is incapable of working due to no fault of their own they should receive benefits to allow them to lead a comfortable life. Surely, that is what the welfare state was created for.

On the other hand, I believe that stringent methods should be taken to stop all illegally-claimed benefits and, moreover, to claim back everything that can be. If someone is offered work which they are capable of doing, whether it suits their preferences or not and they refuse to take it, they should not receive handouts. Many people apply for jobs which they would really like to take, but not all are selected. Such is life.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed a sign of relief went round when Tony's reign ended. And yes he needs to face a court, doesn't make what others do any less wrong though.
No but petty MP discretions and such scandal is rather insignificant compared to taking an entire country into an illegal war.

All the 'nasty party' BS is just that. I'm afraid the habitual whinger here has his head firmly in the sand and can do nothing in his looney left frustration but chip away at anything he can. Blair lied to the nation and has sealed the fate of thise country's future with terrorism. Milliband was and is a gormless idiot who deserves his own weekly column in the Beano and Corbyn is just missing a pointy hat and fishing rod and should be sat by the side of a garden pond somewhere.

The Tories are little better. Either way it doesn't make any difference because neither of these parties are the ones running the country. That some still can't see that is a depressing endictment on the state of the voting populous.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Shouldn't the more right wing members be seeking their threads ? Can't rely on one member to cover all sides of every story surely ? Or has forum now got new rules and we have to seek stories showing all sides of each story ? I await the pro Muslim stories poring in from some members will pop off and look for pro Eu stories myself if that is the new rules.
Strange logic.
A well balanced forum will contain threads where differing viewpoints on the same subject facilitate the best, most interesting and worthwhile discussion.
Why tell right wing to seek their own threads?
It'd be a step in the right direction if we could dump this right wing left wing demarcation in the first place. Some people just like to discuss the topic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Blair lied to the nation and has sealed the fate of this country's future with terrorism. Milliband was and is a gormless idiot who deserves his own weekly column in the Beano and Corbyn is just missing a pointy hat and fishing rod and should be sat by the side of a garden pond somewhere.
An excellent description of those past PMs!

Can you put together a similar one for Call Me Dave please, just to show that the Left don't have a complete monopoly on idiocy?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:02 PM

And while we are talking about politician and greed lets not forget the ultimate left winger Tony Ben who apparently went to great length to pay as little money as possible to the tax man ..

http://order-order.com/2016/04/07/hi...tax-avoidance/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...se-it-too.html

Another story of hypocrisy that UJ failed to spot in his crusade to expose wrong doers......

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top