Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:03 PM

Re: Something we already suspected.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No but petty MP discretions and such scandal is rather insignificant compared to taking an entire country into an illegal war.

All the 'nasty party' BS is just that. I'm afraid the habitual whinger here has his head firmly in the sand and can do nothing in his looney left frustration but chip away at anything he can. Blair lied to the nation and has sealed the fate of thise country's future with terrorism. Milliband was and is a gormless idiot who deserves his own weekly column in the Beano and Corbyn is just missing a pointy hat and fishing rod and should be sat by the side of a garden pond somewhere.

The Tories are little better. Either way it doesn't make any difference because neither of these parties are the ones running the country. That some still can't see that is a depressing endictment on the state of the voting populous.

There was considerable opposition to the war in Iraq from those on the 'left', to the extent there was a huge march and demonstration against the war in February 2003, (I know because I was there and took part in that march and demonstration). When the vote on the issue took place, Blair wasn't sure he could persuade the Labour Party to vote with him, but his nuts were pulled from the fire by another party with a considerable number of 'lobby fodder' MPs - and just which party was that who also voted for war in Iraq??? - none other than those scumbags in the 'nasty party'.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:03 PM

Does that mean Tony Ben was nasty then Meg?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was considerable opposition to the war in Iraq from those on the 'left', to the extent there was a huge march and demonstration against the war in February 2003, (I know because I was there and took part in that march and demonstration). When the vote on the issue took place, Blair wasn't sure he could persuade the Labour Party to vote with him, but his nuts were pulled from the fire by another party with a considerable number of 'lobby fodder' MPs - and just which party was that who also voted for war in Iraq??? - none other than those scumbags in the 'nasty party'.
I knew I was lacking in political acumen I never realised it was the nasty Tories who took us in to the Iraq war searching for WMD's.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Strange logic.
A well balanced forum will contain threads where differing viewpoints on the same subject facilitate the best, most interesting and worthwhile discussion.
Why tell right wing to seek their own threads?
It'd be a step in the right direction if we could dump this right wing left wing demarcation in the first place. Some people just like to discuss the topic.
That's what I was suggesting really, right wing shouldn't be stopping lefties but countering arguments or starting threads they believe in that is how a healthy forum would work. We really are not well balanced as left is being picked on not argued politically with. You can argue left and right is wrong way to see it but that traditional way I think.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:10 PM

It'd be a step in the right direction if we could dump this right wing left wing demarcation in the first place. Some people just like to discuss the topic.
Right again Morticia some of us have progressed beyond party politics to appreciating there are good and bad MPs in all political parties and trying to see through it all to what is right and logical for everyone.

Some left wingers it seems are still living in a different century with their bigoted views believing themselves to be 'fighting a cause' . The laughable thing is if they behaved in their beloved left wing countries as they do here they would be likely to be shut up or locked up .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:10 PM

I knew I was lacking in political acumen I never realised it was the nasty Tories who took us in to the Iraq war searching for WMD's.
Tony was more right that Maggie thatcher.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Blair wasn't sure he could persuade the Labour Party to vote with him, but his nuts were pulled from the fire by another party
Still not seeing it UJ ?!

Neither Blair nor Cameron run this country. Everything you see is just a smoke screen. Thinking you can oppose the real ruling party is laughable. Wake up UJ, The Matrix has you.

Stop wasting your time and life whinging about party politics. It's an illusion to pacify the weak-minded, to distract you from the real activities going on by unseen power moguls.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Tony was more right that Maggie thatcher.
Really? Flamin hell ... I hardly dare ask how and in what respect?
No ..I shan't ask .. I'm going for a lie down to digest this news.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Really? Flamin hell ... I hardly dare ask how and in what respect?
No ..I shan't ask .. I'm going for a lie down to digest this news.
Yes most real Labour Party members were well aware of that one, it's become more obvious even since the blairites realised Corbyn was a threat to them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-06-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Right again Morticia some of us have progressed beyond party politics to appreciating there are good and bad MPs in all political parties and trying to see through it all to what is right and logical for everyone.

Some left wingers it seems are still living in a different century with their bigoted views believing themselves to be 'fighting a cause' . The laughable thing is if they behaved in their beloved left wing countries as they do here they would be likely to be shut up or locked up .
Great minds think alike Meg
That's makes three of us, at least, on here .. counting UJ.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top