Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:57 PM

Re: St Georges Day

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
"King Edward III made him the Patron Saint of England when he formed the Order of the Garter in St. George's name in 1350, and the cult of the Saint was further advanced by King Henry V, at the battle of Agincourt in northern France."

The stories say he was a very brave man and he was chosen as our patron saint 667 years ago. These days we wouldn't chose Patron Saints for countries, but I don't understand why anybody can't accept that the king of England, in 1350, chose him to be our Patron Saint and he has remained so ever since. Why try to change History?
You have to remember there are some nit -pickers on this site
Bless their little cotton socks.
AW.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
You have to remember there are some nit -pickers on this site
Bless their little cotton socks.
AW.
Well they probably get their info from the internet, as I did, so who knows what the truth is? After all it happened 667 years ago.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am shocked yet amazed..every day is a celebration of learning on here!
You know , I am of the same opinion .
Shall we raise a glass ? I"m game if you are.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In the interests of Non Judgemental Racial and Gender Equality all the new public holidays are to be known as Jeremy and Diane Days.
What a perfectly splendid idea , I do hope Jezz and Diane, AKA "Fat Bum" approve.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:45 PM

Non of your pathetic days ive got my own personal Nom week.

http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-ao...cine-week.aspx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Non of your pathetic days ive got my own personal Nom week
I'd happily celebrate that one, Nom !!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:13 PM

I'm a little late, but happy St. George's day, my brother didn't get me an Easter Card as he normally does, so he sent me a St. George's day card instead, i was surprised as i didn't know they did them

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top