Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:35 PM

I just can't get warm today...

... wearing a thick cardigan, jeans and boots, central heating on, space heater on and with a hot water bottle I'm still cold.

In the mornings, my living-room temperature has fallen to 8.6c (I still won't have heating on during the night).

I'm guessing some might say I should be more active, but it's still a mess of snow and slush outside plus some crunchy ice and I don't feel up to going out anywhere.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: I just can't get warm today...

It's not just you Ffosse, I can't get warm today either. I have a headache and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. My hubby says he's warm so it's me then.

No point going out if you've nothing to go out for.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:18 PM

I feel quite warm even though the heating is on low.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:46 PM

I'm quite warm, been sorting out cupboards and finding all sorts of weird things and stuff I thought was lost!
Including a baroque wig, a new bottle of Anais Anais and a photo of a public toilet in Cornwall!
The fun never stops!
Time for a nap!
I have kept my heating on low at night because I was waking up in the mornings with headaches and nosebleeds.
I hope you find something or someone to keep you warm Ffosse!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Ffosse, that is dangerous to let the room temperature indoors drop to only 8.6 degs, even more so with your health problems at the mo. No wonder you're feeling cold!

I have a chart from our local council called - "Is your room warm enough?"

It shows room temperatures of between 18 - 21 is 'Ideal'.
Temperatures between 10 - 13 have a Red mark next to them which says 'Danger.'
Yours is even below that!

It explains thus:
"Risk of heart attack or stroke or even hypothermia if exposure is prolongued. Take action NOW to keep warm, but turning up your heating and putting on plenty of clothing."

Please be careful.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Oh, do turn your heating up, if you can.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:51 PM

I'm pretty quick at dressing myself in the morning, putting on a kettle for a hot-water bottle and coffee then turning the heating on.

At least my duvet is warm and I have an electric blanket.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 06:44 PM

I got a thermometer thingy free at the Age Uk charity shop, it's very handy and was one of the things I found in my cupboard earlier!
Now on the cupboard!
The cold air even indoors upsets my head, nose and chest, I even shut my bedroom window, first time ever!
Do please keep warm!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Normally I do not have the heating on at night, but for this past week I have run it at 14.0 as this is a very cold bungalow. During the day I have it at 17.0, but it usually goes off at 8 p.m. I try to keep warm because it makes my arthritis worse if I get chilled.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 07:20 PM

Why not get up a bit earlier to put your heating on, then jump back under your warm duvet for another hour? Once you start to feel cold it takes a little while for you to warm up.
If that doesn't help then put your duvet over you when sitting still, because it is very hard to get warm,once you have got cold, as your blood starts to thicken and won't flow as quickly to warm your extremities, like your feet and hands.
Keep warm because you don't want to be ill before your Chemo, or they may have to postpone it>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top