Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Re: honeymoons - how was your one -?

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It was great - we moved into our first home and rarely left the bedroom for long in the entire two weeks.
Decorating?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 04:57 PM

We had a beautiful church wedding and then a lovely reception at my parent's home and also in their garden... Couldn't have asked for a nicer day...

The first night was spent at a hotel close by and next morning we left for Michigan with my brother and his family. Stayed at their home for a couple of days and then we all toured northern Michigan whilst camping. The people there were so friendly and back then there was an unwritten law...that it was just fine to leave your personals at your campsite with no worries.

After all was said and done...the only thing lost was my favourite bathing suit...had to buy a new one for the rest of our honeymoon...

What an amazing two weeks we had... Whenever, we went missing...the others knew, that we could be found in our camper... They had a sign...that they would put on our door...so my flower girl/niece wouldn't enter...

Thanks for the memories, Maddy... Those were the best times.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 05:16 PM

We never had one..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 05:39 PM

Never had one because we never married; just stayed together :almost 30 years now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 06:11 PM

After the reception I had to drive the car to a'surprise' destination that I asked him to arrange , the reason I drove was because he had drunk too much alcohol , I was wearing my high heeled cream satin shoes which got ruined , the surprise destination turned out to be a grotty pub 10 miles away from our house , after a meal we retired to our double room which did have a four poster where he promptly fell asleep . He had only booked one night there too so we returned home the next morning

Thus began the story of our marriage that ended in my divorcing him , funny how we see things with Hindsite isn't it
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 06:16 PM

We didn't have a honeymoon, the whole thing was kept as low key as possible, but we were booked into a hotel for the night.

Unfortunately my husband had spent the previous 24 hours at his parents house and his Mum had managed to give them all food poisoning so that didn't happen either
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:07 PM

lst - Yorkshire or it might have been Derbyshire - I've forgotten
2nd - Switzerland
3rd - Lake District
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Cleethorpes LOL. My husbands Auntie was a landlady of a boarding house there and we got to go for free haha. We had a lovely time, my husband has since told me that we were holding hands walking around and he kept thinking, "I wonder if people can tell I am married" hahahaha. Bless him .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:26 PM

The first time was Spain. Nice holiday but no naughties, not even once. That's when I realised what a terrible mistake I had made.

Second time was Cyprus. Nice holiday but no naughties but we had been living together for years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:09 PM

My first hubby took us off to Malta. It was the first (and last) time I have ever been on a plane. It was very nice, but I remember feeling homesick before the first week was up!

The second one was very different. One night at a hotel in the next town!
I remember the next morning, sitting outside in the garden on my own, with him snoring his head off in bed still.
I was too dim to twig that would be the shape of things to come.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top