Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Re: the funeral tv adds Arrrgh''''''

I watched TV live today (for a change) and was staggered by the number of funeral ads and also those begging for money for distressed animals and pet protection plans .....

Back to recording for me .....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Yep, inundated with those flippin funeral plans. Gives me great pleasure to fast forward them. They have you as good as in the coffin if aged between 50 - 80!!

Same with those bloomin Direct Line insurance ads with Harvey Keitel and Go compare ads with twirly moustached fat opera singer in evening suit!

As for those begging charities? whatever happened when one was able to give what they could afford? now it's £3 or £5 a month. Grrrr. greedy beggars. You would be shocked at how much they spend on adverts alone. I worked in advertising when young and even back then it was tens of thousands for a 20 sec, 30 sec and one minute ad. That is where the bulk of charitable donations are going.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree,as soon as they come on,I either turn television off,or turn over the programme ,as for that sun life ,her voice grates on me,..did you see the parsnips he brought round?... I've never made parsnip jam!.
That 'June' in the ad is now top of my list of...'People you'd never get tired of slapping'
It used to be Tony Blair and Cliff Richard but she's topped all of them.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 05:47 PM

This is a good one, it's informative, best investment you'll ever make, with heaps of sincerity and a humorous twist.

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As for those begging charities? whatever happened when one was able to give what they could afford? now it's £3 or £5 a month.
That's just to get you to text them, then they've got your number and can phone you to try and get you to give more.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
That's just to get you to text them, then they've got your number and can phone you to try and get you to give more.
I am inundated everyday with charity requests .
Some I already donate to by direct debit .
Most go into the fire as they have my address on them .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 06:12 PM

All of these adverts should be required to show their administration costs in percentage terms at least. Then we know where the donations go to.
What we find annoying is getting those plastic charity bags thrust through the letter box. We get on average 3 a week.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:56 AM

I put this thread up to see if others feel the same and --yes they do Grrrrr -- but did laugh as I saw alan titmarsh in the potting shed -talking about funeral plan 'omg NOT SUNLIFE PLEASE maybe June's neighbour needs to be shown how to grow parsnips lol ….
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
That 'June' in the ad is now top of my list of...'People you'd never get tired of slapping'
It used to be Tony Blair and Cliff Richard but she's topped all of them.
Hi

I quite fancy her.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:49 AM

you have no taste swimfeeders hhahahah --

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top