Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:20 PM

take the elevator -or lift !

personally I dont like them -what ever u want to call them -
if there is stairs ile walk ' I cant get it one alone ' just incase it stops ' but I can with another person 'weird but true ' so if iam in a hurry and park up and get to the lift ile wait till another comes along . my mind runs amoke in them lol …

how do you feel about going into one ……?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Re: take the elevator -or lift !

We have the most unreliable lifts in the World where I work. I am one of the few people able to reset them and get people out. Don't use them unless you have to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:30 PM

If it weren't for the lifts where I work I couldn't work. The idea of three floors up steep steep stairs just about defeats me. I have done it when they were my responsibility to clean but I went up backwards on my bum. Now I just have top floor to clean I get in the lifts and thank the lord for the invention.

Back lift takes me down to rubbish area to empty my bins again I don't fancy the walk down with 10 or more sacks of rubbish.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:30 PM

It doesn't worry me to use a lift or escalator when on my own.

My mother used to hate using both, she would always walk up or down the stairs, no matter how many
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:07 PM

I always take the stairs......Mainly for the training....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:10 PM

I don’t mind lifts, it’s escalators l am not keen on. I hover at the edge and then l sort of lunge forward as if l am taking off!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:15 PM

I would always us the lift in a tower block but never in a shop. I prefer the escalator in a shop. I don't use the stairs unless I have to.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:15 PM

i went in one last week at hospital ,had a near panic when i thought it was taking to long to get just one floor.It was just a slow mover.Dont normally bother me .
just that there was no one else in only me .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:05 PM

Another little tail........

We took a break in a holiday cottage in Scotland a couple of years ago. We stopped overnight about half way. Dog friendly hotel. First floor room. We thought we would have to take the stairs with Max, our dog - he'd never been in a lift/elevator.

Not so. He was perfectly fine with it. Strolled in as soon as the doors opened and sat there like he owned it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 03:01 AM

My last job in a residential home for the elderly, had a lift installed, to enable us to get the wheelchair residents down to the dining room and other places.

One day I was in the lift alone, and the damn thing got stuck between floors.
To add a touch more drame, the emergency lighting went off too.
I can assure you it was not a nice experience!
I was stuck in a lift, on my own, in the pitch black. It felt like I was buried alive.

Of course I was eventually rescued, but ever since then, I never close a lift's doors before knowing exactly where the emergency button is, just incase the lights go off and I can't find the buttons in the dark.

I also am wary of who I share with.
I don't mind in the least sharing a lift with a group of people, but if just one bloke came to join me, I would get out.

I have read too many stories of lone women getting mugged in lifts, so it has made me very aware of who I am sharing with.

Escalators don't bother me at all. On and off in a jiffy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top