Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 12:05 AM

Ladies how do you clean your face?

Still using soap and water ? One of those foam cleansers maybe ?
Not a face washer ? Cleanser out of a bottle ? Then what to follow? I mean you can’t leave your face greasy?

The beauty regime can never cease .
I’ve been doing it since my early teens but never stuck to the same method . Have you?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 12:37 AM

Re: Ladies how do you clean your face?

I haven’t used soap and water on my face since l was about 15 or 16. I bought some Anne French cleansing milk and started to use that instead.
l then started using Ponds Cleansing Cream and l have used that ever since. Ponds then changed the formula and put it into smaller jars. I didn’t like it.
I saw that the original green top jar was available on Amazon but came from America. I ask for it when my children ask me what l want for Christmas or my birthday. The jar is huge and it lasts for ages.
I put night cream on my face after cleansing.

I religiously cleanse my face with it every night. I could not sleep without taking my make up off. Even these days during lockdown and l didn’t wear any make up. I still cleansed my skin.
I see looking after your skin from a young age is like paying into an insurance which pays off at the end of it!

Zuleika, l have a feeling you might ask me if l use an astringent after cleansing my skin.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 12:51 AM

I'm reading this hoping for some tips.... mind, I don't bother wearing makeup (haven't done for years) as once you reach a certain age it seems to look too much like mutton dressed as lamb.

I've heard of Anne French though ... that was a good light cleansing milk.

Has anyone tried these micellar water/cleanser concoctions?
They all seem to be the rage along with hyaluronic acid.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm reading this hoping for some tips.... mind, I don't bother wearing makeup (haven't done for years) as once you reach a certain age it seems to look too much like mutton dressed as lamb.

I've heard of Anne French though ... that was a good light cleansing milk.

Has anyone tried these micellar water/cleanser concoctions?
They all seem to be the rage along with hyaluronic acid.
Morticia, l am pleased that you remember that ‘rave from the grave’ name, Anne French!

I don’t plaster make up on. I use it in a subtle way as there is nothing worse than loads of make up on an older lady.... ie. Barbara Cartland. Less is more.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong for making yourself look brighter and that you’ve made the effort.
I think it’s worse..to let yourself go!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 02:33 AM

Anne French! I can still remember the smell and the tapering shaped bottle. Cleansers used to smell awful in those days.

I use Neal's Yard Calendula cleanser and no toner. Just nivea creme. I've used it for about ten years ever since I started reacting to just about anything. It leaves the skin lovely and soft.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 02:44 AM

An old natural foam cleanser by ‘Burts Bees.’
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 03:07 AM

Pressure washer.

Actually the gulf does the best job, incredible has your skin feels after a couple of hours of cool salt water.

If you look at the ingredients, most cleansers are the same, so I tend to purchase what's on sale that's not tested on animals. It's the moisturizer and sunscreen that matter most.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Morticia, l am pleased that you remember that ‘rave from the grave’ name, Anne French!

I don’t plaster make up on. I use it in a subtle way as there is nothing worse than loads of make up on an older lady.... ie. Barbara Cartland. Less is more.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong for making yourself look brighter and that you’ve made the effort.
I think it’s worse..to let yourself go!
Absolutely,Art......I use face wipes to clean my face....never anything else.

Plus, a tinted moisturiser ,little lipstick....usually nothing on my eyes...other than a tiny amount of eye liner...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:34 AM

Warm water .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Pressure washer.

Actually the gulf does the best job, incredible has your skin feels after a couple of hours of cool salt water.

If you look at the ingredients, most cleansers are the same, so I tend to purchase what's on sale that's not tested on animals. It's the moisturizer and sunscreen that matter most.
So long since I was in the sea !
I love the feel of salt water on my skin .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top