Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:25 PM

Re: Do You Belong To The Backpack Brigade?

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I use a backpack when I go shopping. I walk with a stick using my right hand and I find that I cannot comfortably carry my shopping with my left hand. It makes me feel unbalanced. I place the things in my backpack and carry them on my shoulders. That even out the weight.
Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I use a backpack because holding a bag makes my hands sore (I have rheumatoid arthritis).
They must be very useful in those circumstances.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
No back pack for me. I have cargo shorts which carry my worldly possessions.
But both my daughters have them. They don’t seem to be worried about being robbed.
I don’t worry about being robbed either, no bodies going to steal my shorts
Same with me.
A pack of tissues, some coins, the folding kind, a Swiss knife, an adjustable blade, a mask, a pen, a heap of poo bags, etc........but no back pack.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you have a backpack?
I do. I've used one for years for things such as carrying a coat if it is threatening to rain, a baseball hat if the sun is too strong, sticking a few items of shopping in it, carrying headphones, chargers, a few meds I currently have to lug around, a padlock for gym lockers. Honestly, I need a lot of stuff and there's no way it would all fit in my pockets
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:00 PM

I have two backpacks. The larger one carries basic first aid, water bottle, snack bar, waterproof if needed, spare shoe laces and a foldable foam mat to sit on when the ground is wet and usual tissues, keys, phone, mask etc. It has a chest strap which means the weight doesn't hurt my back and it leaves me hands free for using walking poles and clamouring over stiles on my rambles.
The other backpack is smaller and used for fewer items (obviously) when I go on shorter more local walks.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:00 PM

I have a backpack - a leather one which I have had for years. I use it when I am walking the dogs and/or am out in the country. Any other sort of bag would not be much use when I have the dogs,
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:02 PM

Yes I’ve got backpacks but no I don’t normally wear them. They are used for going to the gym or staying overnight somewhere in place of a formal suitcase. They are also used for hiking.
What I mostly use to carry stuff are small shoulder strap bags. They hold my phone, ID, credit cards, money, keys, Kleenex, chapstick , etc.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have a backpack - a leather one which I have had for years. I use it when I am walking the dogs and/or am out in the country. Any other sort of bag would not be much use when I have the dogs,
You put your dogs in your backpack??
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
For a few years now, l have noticed a lot of people in and around our age group sport backpacks.

I just wondered what do they keep in them?
Aren’t they frightened of being robbed if they are unwittingly unzipped from behind?
They must get heavy and be a strain on their back?

Do you have a backpack?
Yes backpack for me all the time. Mine is a Cath Kidson one. It leaves my hands free & I can put small purchases in it as well.
The downside, it makes my back very sweaty in hot weather, fine in not so hot weather though.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:20 PM

The one time I could have done with a backpack (rucksack) was when I had an injured knee.
It's impossible to carry even a small shopping bag or plastic shopping bag full of shopping when using two crutches. I managed to hop / walk to the shops for food but how to carry it home?
The answer, in absence of a backpack, was an old duffel bag, the traditional type with a top closure
using a drawstring. That drawstring was put over one shoulder so that I could make it home
– where there's a will there's a way!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:21 PM

A camera with more than one lens would require a backpack of sorts. I tried it years ago but soon decided I'm a messenger bag kind of a guy.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top